7. 13 10.48%
8. 30 24.19%
9. 7 5.65%
10. Huge success 100% Pass 6 4.84%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-08-2013, 02:14 AM   #76
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsegoddess View Post
Well poo. I haven't tried anything with my SD card since that whole thing started--I've kept it out of my Aura and I'm simply loading books directly onto the device.

However, since I did buy the card specifically to use for my library, it would be nice if this got resolved.
I can't test right now, but I'm pretty sure the SD card issues were improved with 2.6.1. The boot time is not as fast as pre 2.5.2 but it is much faster than 2.5.2. Same goes for inserting and ejecting the card.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:16 AM   #77
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Well poo. I haven't tried anything with my SD card since that whole thing started--I've kept it out of my Aura and I'm simply loading books directly onto the device.

However, since I did buy the card specifically to use for my library, it would be nice if this got resolved.

Thanks for the information, Helen. =)
I got a 32G SD card so I could see what happened when I filled it up and haven't actually tried to do that yet. Maybe tomorrow.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2013, 03:18 AM   #78
Corpsegoddess
Groupie
Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I can't test right now, but I'm pretty sure the SD card issues were improved with 2.6.1. The boot time is not as fast as pre 2.5.2 but it is much faster than 2.5.2. Same goes for inserting and ejecting the card.
Thanks, David. I'm still good for space right now (bless that 4 gigs on the Aura), so I don't have to worry about using my SD card right this second. Hopefully it will continue to improve.
Corpsegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:07 AM   #79
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Thanks, David. I'm still good for space right now (bless that 4 gigs on the Aura), so I don't have to worry about using my SD card right this second. Hopefully it will continue to improve.
Well My Aura Killed my 32gig sd card.

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:24 AM   #80
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
Well My Aura Killed my 32gig sd card.

regards

Jack
Eek! Was there much clashing of swords involved?

Seriously though, how did it do that?

Helen
Advert
Old 07-08-2013, 11:42 AM   #81
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
Eek! Was there much clashing of swords involved?

Seriously though, how did it do that?

Helen
Upon being ejected from the computer on desktop sync, and when syncing next time the computer would say there was an issue do you want to scan. Scanned no issue. On occasion the Aura would say sd card needs to be formatted fat 32 which it was... Aura would not recognize.. unless a reboot on one occasion. Finally it said it needs to be formatted every time I turned the reader on.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:50 AM   #82
speakingtohe
Wizard

I have had the same errors plus card not recognized by reader and USB device not recognised by computer

Eventually it was okay and I did not have to reformat card.

Did you try reformatting the card and/or try the card in another device?

Helen

PS my problems seemed to be (it happened more than once) with card seating in reader.

Helen

Last edited by speakingtohe; 07-08-2013 at 11:52 AM.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:08 PM   #83
jackastor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
I have had the same errors plus card not recognized by reader and USB device not recognised by computer

Eventually it was okay and I did not have to reformat card.

Did you try reformatting the card and/or try the card in another device?

Helen

PS my problems seemed to be (it happened more than once) with card seating in reader.

Helen
absolutely. It works great in a usb reader. but it will not work in the aura. The 16 gig Lexar I have in there now works fine.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:14 AM   #84
Francois_C
Zealot
Francois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Touch, Kobo Mini
An especially bad one for my Touch purchased in 2011. Maybe the worst ever.
Does not even recognize the card every time I want to read a book and the device has been shut off, as they are all on the memory card. I must unplug it then plug it again to have it detected.
I'm afraid they have not the best programmers at Kobo:[
A firmware should not be released with such errors. This is not serious work.
I really consider purchasing another device.

Last edited by Francois_C; 07-11-2013 at 07:25 AM.
Francois_C is offline   Reply With Quote