Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 01-26-2008, 11:32 PM   #1
imperceptible
Banned
imperceptible is on a distinguished road

Device: I want to get a reader to read to my off spring.
Exclamation Cybook Troubles

Today I received my Cybook and I am very happy with the results. The only problem is that mobipocket software isnt locating the Cybook. I am an absolute computer newb and I need help in general how to put the books onto my Cybook.

Thank you very, very much!

The Penguin Master
imperceptible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 01:24 AM   #2
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
Make sure you have the latest version of Mobipocket installed on your PC. Only version 6.1 recognizes the Cybook, not 6.0. Once you have done this, it should sync your books for you.
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2008, 05:55 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You don't need to use the MobiPocket software at all. Simply copy files via USB.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 12:28 PM   #4
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You don't need to use the MobiPocket software at all. Simply copy files via USB.
As Harry says you can copy via USB but if you are a total Newb, the way to do this is that when you connect the Gen3 to your computer it will show up as another (removable) drive & the SD card will also show up as another drive. Using your computer interface you can drag the books from your computer hard drive to either of these drives.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 04:12 PM   #5
imperceptible
Banned
imperceptible is on a distinguished road

Device: I want to get a reader to read to my off spring.
Exclamation Cybook USB

The only problem is when I plug in my USB with my Cybook I don't get a response. I dont know why my computer is recognizing my Cybook.

Thanks alot guys
imperceptible is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2008, 04:30 PM   #6
solodoc
Connoisseur
solodoc began at the beginning.

Device: CybookG3...
Check the following

1.Is the mini usb jack going the whole way

2.If it is ...then is the cybook going into sync/charge mode (i.e usb jack displayed on screen---which means the cybook is actually sensing the usb power)...this should happen if turned on......

3.Is the cybook charging?----red led and charging indicator

4.If it is then see if it shows up in windows explorer (ie if you use windows).....under "my computer"

5.If it isn't doing 1-3 then.......is the usb port functional?-----does it work with other devices and try another PC (etc)

see how it goes......

Last edited by solodoc; 01-27-2008 at 05:06 PM.
solodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 04:32 PM   #7
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by imperceptible View Post
The only problem is when I plug in my USB with my Cybook I don't get a response. I dont know why my computer is recognizing my Cybook.

Thanks alot guys
Make sure you use the USB cable that came with the Cybook otherwise it won't go deep enough inside the connector. If you are using the original make sure you push it in completely.
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote