Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 05-25-2012, 02:58 PM   #16
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by way8lifter View Post
well my girl friend is taking a literature class ,,they are studing ,,Of mice and men ,,Grapes of Wrath and Tobacco Road....when I heard this I told her to ask her teacher if he thinks that in the last 100 years,,withe the millions of new books published,if he didnt think there was something a bit newer or better they could study
Those are great books and they were published within the last 100 years (as were pretty much all of the recommendations on this thread--except for the Bible).

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:19 AM   #17
way8lifter
Enthusiast
way8lifter began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Do you honestly think that John Steinbeck is not an author whose work is worth studying?
thats not what I said,,,how about something a bit more up to date??
way8lifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2012, 01:25 AM   #18
way8lifter
Enthusiast
way8lifter began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by way8lifter View Post
thats not what I said,,,how about something a bit more up to date??
Of mice and men ..published 1936
tobacco Road 1932
Grapes of Wrath 1939

sorry I exaggerated with the "last hundred Years : statement
way8lifter is offline   Reply With Quote