Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-28-2010, 08:41 AM   #1
contematto
contematto began at the beginning.

Device: none
Lightbulb Good and cheap substitute for a cracked-screen Nook? (EU :/ )

Hi all,
I'm sorry to fill the forum with another need-advice thread, but so far I can't decide by myself.

Recently my girlfriend's father went to the US and brought back to Italy a Nook for his wife. I'll skip the unrelated matters and tell you that I eventually made a nice big crack on the nook's screen. Then I found out that the nook is practically unrepairable and that brings me here.

I'm looking for a substitute for the nook: before writing I read many posts about which is better, and I'd really love to choose among those devices you have in the US. Unfortunately, since I'm in Italy, very few are available. This makes my searching more difficult.

However, what I really need is a cheap device and ePub support, since the only italian ebook store sells DRMed ePubs. I don't need neither wifi nor 3g. I'm focusing on the nook (again - and this involves a shipment trick) and the kobo, excluding the kindle (the only available here) because of the unsupported ePubs - and I believe it's too tricky to teach how to convert them to other formats.

Please remind that we won't access any of the US online stores, and we'll transfer files via USB.

Thanks,
Matteo
contematto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:55 AM   #2
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
and I'd really love to choose among those devices you have in the US.
Why don't you go what's available in Italy ?
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2010, 09:39 AM   #3
contematto
contematto began at the beginning.

Device: none
Because we have a very little range of products available here. For example one is the sony prs-350, but it has a smaller screen. And at the same price (190€) I can manage to get either a kobo or a nook from the US.
contematto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 05:42 AM   #4
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by contematto View Post
Because we have a very little range of products available here. For example one is the sony prs-350, but it has a smaller screen. And at the same price (190€) I can manage to get either a kobo or a nook from the US.
Isn't prs-650 available too ? What about bookeen and pocketbook ?
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nook europe italy kobo