Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-10-2016, 10:35 AM   #1
raynchk
raynchk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raynchk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raynchk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raynchk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raynchk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raynchk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raynchk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raynchk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raynchk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raynchk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raynchk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-505
Trouble Connecting Glo to Calibre

My linux computer with Calibre died. I had to buy a new Kobo Glo a month or so ago, and had some problems getting it recognized by Calibre, but eventually it started working. I have an Acer Chromebook that I installed a linux distro on and I'm having the same problem again, only this time I can't find the solution. I've searched the forums and don't see anything relevant and have tried all the suggestions on MobileRead. Thanks for any help, I really miss being able to use Calibre!

Here's the output of my debug device connection:

calibre 2.20 isfrozen: False is64bit: True
Linux-4.1.14-galliumos-x86_64-with-Ubuntu-15.04-vivid Linux ('64bit', 'ELF')
('Linux', '4.1.14-galliumos', '#17 SMP PREEMPT Fri Feb 12 11:57:52 MST 2016')
Python 2.7.9
Linux: ('Ubuntu', '15.04', 'vivid')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: KoboTouchExtended
USB devices on system:
[['0x2237',
'0x4223',
'0x110',
u'Kobo',
u'eReader-3.19.5761',
u'N4375A4911622'],
['0x1bcf', '0x2c67', '0x1', u'SunplusIT Inc', u'HD WebCam', u''],
['0x489', '0xe056', '0x2', u'', u'', u'']]

No disabled plugins
Looking for devices of type: MTP_DEVICE
No MTP devices connected to system

Looking for devices of type: SMART_DEVICE_APP
All IP addresses {'lo': [{'peer': '127.0.0.1', 'netmask': '255.0.0.0', 'addr': '127.0.0.1'}], 'wlan0': [{'broadcast': '10.0.0.255', 'netmask': '255.255.255.0', 'addr': '10.0.0.9'}]}
No device is connected

Looking for devices...

Devices possibly connected: None
raynchk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 08:13 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
That looks OK and is similar to what I see when I disable the KoboTouch driver.

Is the device being mounted properly? Can you write to it?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2016, 09:19 PM   #3
raynchk
raynchk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raynchk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raynchk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raynchk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raynchk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raynchk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raynchk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raynchk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raynchk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raynchk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raynchk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-505
I checked and saw I was using Calibre 2.20 from the repositories. I downloaded the current version and everything works fine! Problem solved!! I'd like to mark the post that way, but don't see how to edit the title. Thanks for your reply.
raynchk is offline   Reply With Quote