Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-02-2019, 04:55 PM   #466
julioemanoeld
julioemanoeld began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 (6th Generation)
Is there a pack for organizing collections via calibre on PW4? I can't find any clear information about how i can make that
julioemanoeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 05:03 PM   #467
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
@julioemanoeld,
I don't know whether there is a direct way to manage Kindle collections from Calibre on PC.
However, have a look at Librarian Sync. One of the options is to generate a json file with collections via the Calibre Plugin and then feed it in to Librarian Sync on Kindle.
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2019, 05:34 PM   #468
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by julioemanoeld View Post
Is there a pack for organizing collections via calibre on PW4? I can't find any clear information about how i can make that
Ever since Amazon switched to Cloud Collections, jailbreak has been required to be able to organize Kindle collections with Calibre.

As @mergen3107 mentioned, you need the Kindle Collections plugin to generate LibrarianSync-compatible JSON file/list in Calibre. You then run LibrarianSync on the PW4 to convert the JSON list into actual collections on the Kindle.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LibrarianSync-screenshot.png
Views:	361
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	170551  
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 05:35 PM   #469
effudee
effudee began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
Thanks NiLuJe!

Just wanted to drop a thank you for updating the packages. I was able to fix my PW2 jailbreak after updating to latest FW.
effudee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 11:28 AM   #470
zaoqi
github.com/zaoqi
zaoqi does all things with Zen-like beautyzaoqi does all things with Zen-like beautyzaoqi does all things with Zen-like beautyzaoqi does all things with Zen-like beautyzaoqi does all things with Zen-like beautyzaoqi does all things with Zen-like beautyzaoqi does all things with Zen-like beautyzaoqi does all things with Zen-like beautyzaoqi does all things with Zen-like beautyzaoqi does all things with Zen-like beautyzaoqi does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Boox c67ml,Note S,Max2,KT3,KPW4,Kobo AurdHD,Touch N905C
This are rolling releases, so Kindle may need a pacman.
zaoqi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2019, 01:24 PM   #471
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaoqi View Post
This are rolling releases, so Kindle may need a pacman.
Why don't you provide one for everyone?
All you need is a bunch of server time and a bit of maintenance every week.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 12:08 AM   #472
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Okay! Here comes some news on the Python front. As some of you may be aware, Python 2 is scheduled to go supernova on the first of January 2020. Which means I ought to offer a Python 3 package before that EoL deadline...
Well, that's today. Because I'm extremely lazy, the Python packages will now intall *both* Python 2.7 & Python 3.7. Which means they're twice as large, and take twice as long to install. Eh.

Until the EoL, the python symlink still points to python2.7. I urge you to update your shebang if you have some code that's not Py3k-ready that's currently using a generic "python" shebang.
FWIW, *all* of the various Kindle bits I ship that need Python depend on Python 2. Thankfully, they were always using an explicit python2 shebang, so, nothing will horribly break at random one day .

As far as 3rd-party modules go, when some/all of them start dropping Python 2 support, I'll simply freeze the Python 2 build to the latest supported version.

I've also updated the example code in FBInk's python bindings to behave properly on both Python versions.

On a slightly related note, because I had to vent my rage at Python's buildsystem somewhere, I worked on FBGrab: it's now much faster (some of that is actually achieved by making it go faster, and some of it by convincing libpng & zlib not to spend so much time on filtering & compression). (The standalone builds were also updated).

Anyway, obligatory finish-line shot:

On a PW2:
Code:
Python 3.7.3 (default, Jul 10 2019, 09:11:48) 
[GCC 7.4.1 20181213] on linux
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> import platform
>>> platform.uname()
uname_result(system='Linux', node='kindle', release='3.0.35-lab126', version='#2 PREEMPT Tue Jul 24 06:43:56 PDT 2018', machine='armv7l', processor='')
>>>
Or, hell, even on a K2i:
Code:
Python 3.7.3 (default, Jul 11 2019, 05:54:06) 
[GCC 7.4.1 20181213] on linux
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> import platform
>>> platform.uname()
uname_result(system='Linux', node='kindle', release='2.6.22.19-lab126', version='#3 PREEMPT Thu Jan 13 18:13:20 PST 2011', machine='armv6l', processor='')
>>>
PSA: This *requires* a recent MRPI version, so, do make sure you've successfully updated MRPI to the latest version *first*!

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-18-2019 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Mention needing a recent MRPI version.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 04:29 AM   #473
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
PW2: jailbreak survived after updating to the latest 5.12.1.
The latest hotfix (of 12.07) is rejected - error message wrong update file.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 06:20 AM   #474
jhh
jhh began at the beginning.

Device: KT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
PW2: jailbreak survived after updating to the latest 5.12.1.
The latest hotfix (of 12.07) is rejected - error message wrong update file.
Install it via ;log mrpi (put the .bin file on mrpackages folder). Works for me on KT4 with firmware 5.12.1.
jhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 06:26 AM   #475
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhh View Post
Install it via ;log mrpi (put the .bin file on mrpackages folder). Works for me on KT4 with firmware 5.12.1.
Thanks, I'm aware of mrpi.
The hotfix is intended to be installed via UYK.
Old 07-12-2019, 11:52 AM   #476
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@hius07: What's the exact build number you see in your Settings page?
Old 07-12-2019, 11:59 AM   #477
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@hius07: I wouldn't mind a look at system logs, too (right after a failure).

And I'd be curious to see if your update.bin.tmp.partial folder didn't get squished, too...

EDIT: And it probably breaks the SKIP_UPDATE_CHECK thingy, too.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-12-2019 at 12:19 PM.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:37 PM   #478
hius07
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@hius07: I wouldn't mind a look at system logs, too (right after a failure).

And I'd be curious to see if your update.bin.tmp.partial folder didn't get squished, too...

EDIT: And it probably breaks the SKIP_UPDATE_CHECK thingy, too.
Thank you, the failure report is from a user at our forum at 4pda.ru.
I've sent him all the questions and waiting for response.
Old 07-13-2019, 07:36 AM   #479
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis 9th Gen
I just updated the Python on my KOA2 and it got stuck on the Done. Restarting UI screen. I hard pressed power and it rebooted and recovered fine.

But after checking my Python install is still from March of 2019. I will retry on more time.

Last edited by radamo; 07-13-2019 at 07:39 AM.
radamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 07:47 AM   #480
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis 9th Gen
Second attempt the install completed but I only see Python 2.7 on my KOA2?
radamo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hacks, kindle, niluje