Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-10-2019, 01:11 PM   #46
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: 13.3" Boox Max2, 7" Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielo515 View Post
Is there a way we can make them know about this?
Just don't give up but keep talking about it on the forum. I have seen a few ideas from the forum landing in the onyx software.
plusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 02:22 PM   #47
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Put your remarks on their BBS : http://bbs.onyx-international.com/

I've asked for the crop version in two page mode as soon as the feature was available, now it's seem working.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 12:54 PM   #48
desk7
Groupie
desk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Onyx Boox Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by plusz View Post
Yes. Choose the right tool (icon), one is fixed with pencil, the other is pressure sensitive brush.

PS. as for someone having Max, that's a strange question
I asked because from the last update of the Max pressure sensitive brush hasn't worked anymore.
desk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 01:08 PM   #49
desk7
Groupie
desk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notes

Does the handwriting recognition require Internet Connection?
Old 05-12-2019, 04:19 PM   #50
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desk7 View Post
I asked because from the last update of the Max pressure sensitive brush hasn't worked anymore.
I see. On Max 2, Firmware 2.0.1 it works. However they forgot that initially they were shipping Max 2 with a stylus with no button and now you need to have the middle stylus button to erase anything (which I don't have).
Old 05-12-2019, 04:22 PM   #51
plusz
Addict

Quote:
Does the handwriting recognition require Internet Connection?
Watching the promotional video only, it doesn't. You need the internet connection to download the supporting files for your language, upon first use but then you should not need connection anymore.
Old 05-12-2019, 08:05 PM   #52
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by plusz View Post
You need the internet connection to download the supporting files for your language, upon first use but then you should not need connection anymore.
Correct. After downloading the supporting language file, the handwriting recognition works offline, no internet connection needed.

And I have been impressed by how well it works. My handwriting can get so sloppy that I have difficulty recognizing letters sometimes, but so far, the software has been able to figure out what I have written.

There are, of course, some issues which would still require one to go over the resultant text such as to separate words that have incorrectly been linked together and to put in proper paragraph breaks etc. However, overall, it is quite impressive.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 05:10 AM   #53
Faeryink
Zealot
Faeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmos

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2
The handwriting recognition works really well offline too. Really impressive its on par with Nebo. I have made a shortcut on the navigation button for notes app. I have been using it for the past week for writing and researching. All synced to my cloud storage, very happy indeed. Thumbs up for the AI feature in Notes app!!
Faeryink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 03:52 AM   #54
Bob Willis
Enthusiast
Bob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle, IPAD Pro, Boox Note
I am also very satisfied with the handwritten recognition on my Boox Note. But the words could not be separated correctly as my original hand written and I have submitted this on Feedback (Settings/ Feedback), they have replied back they will fix it as soon as possible.
Bob Willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 04:08 AM   #55
desk7
Groupie

Thank you for all the detailed answers!
Old 05-17-2019, 01:47 AM   #56
danielo515
danielo515 began at the beginning.

Device: Remarkable,Onyx Boox Max2
Wow, everything looks very impressive.
Now it is just a matter of it reaching my Boox Max 2!
danielo515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 05:11 AM   #57
desk7
Groupie

Quote:
You could support it on the thread on Onyx Forum
http://bbs.onyx-international.com/t/...e-problem/1286
Old 06-25-2019, 12:48 PM   #58
desk7
Groupie

Quote:
News from Onyx. I can't verify because I don't have Onyx Boox Max 2.

"Dear user, this has been fixed already. :grinning:You could go to Settings-Global Settings-Sidenote date sync to make the sidenote is associated with the whole document or the pages. (The expression “Sidenote date sync” is not that accurate and we will correct that problem in the next firmware update. Apologize for any inconvenience that may cause.)"

http://bbs.onyx-international.com/t/...problem/1286/3
Old 06-26-2019, 03:08 AM   #59
Faeryink
Zealot
Faeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmos

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2
Brilliant!! Yes I have tried it on my Onyx Boox Max 2 Pro (4 GB RAM version) running firmware 2.1.2. I can confirm it works.

Now I am waiting for the AI option in Sidenotes which would be so cool.

Thanks for letting me know about this!

Quote:
News from Onyx. I can't verify because I don't have Onyx Boox Max 2.

"Dear user, this has been fixed already. :grinning:You could go to Settings-Global Settings-Sidenote date sync to make the sidenote is associated with the whole document or the pages. (The expression “Sidenote date sync” is not that accurate and we will correct that problem in the next firmware update. Apologize for any inconvenience that may cause.)"

http://bbs.onyx-international.com/t/...problem/1286/3
Faeryink is offline   Reply With Quote