Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-22-2019, 11:44 AM   #3736
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPhone XR, iPad Pro 9.7, Alexa Devices
I think AI is the one of the most misunderstood high tech concepts today. There is AI theory and a small bit of reality, and then there is the near total BS presented in Hollywood movies, books, and discussed by SciFi folks who have never grown up enough to get their faces out of comic books. I'm way more concerned about so-called AI being a major fail in our daily lives due to lackluster performance and poor programming than I am about a wooden puppet with someone's hand up its backside coming to life via AI and going on a killing spree. The realistic threat is manipulation of AI servers by criminals, terrorists, and countries, not that somewhat intelligent humans will create such a smart AI that it takes over the world. Although I can see AI screwing up the world through its errors if we rely too much on it. But AI gaining consciousness, not a worry IMO.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:11 AM   #3737
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Amazon Prime Day coming July 15-16

Amazon Prime Day coming July 15-16 this summer. Amazon is calling it "a two-day parade of epic deals."

Hopefully there will be some good sales on stuff we want.
Old Yesterday, 11:33 AM   #3738
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kin7; FHD6; SGT4; ClipZip; LG Trib; Echo Dot
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtinG View Post
Amazon Prime Day coming July 15-16 this summer. Amazon is calling it "a two-day parade of epic deals."

Hopefully there will be some good sales on stuff we want.
Gotta have more stuff

tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:48 AM   #3739
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy

LOL! Rubbermaid, the leaky ripoff of Tupperware. I don't mind their storage closet containers, although the lids rarely fit very well, but I avoid their food storage containers, especially their pitchers, else I wind up cleaning up a lot of messes! You definitely need to hire a maid to clean up the spills if you use Rubbermaid items! Not sure how they stay in business. Tupperware is usually really good, but you can't buy it at stores. It is hard to find unless your elderly aunt kicks off and leaves you some or you go to yard sales and flea markets. Never understood why they don't sell their stuff in stores. I assume because it is a pyramid scheme much like Amway, but I don't know for sure.