Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-14-2010, 09:00 PM   #1
cellocgw
cellocgw began at the beginning.

Device: nook
regex request for specific header removal

Hi,
new to Calibre but reasonably familiar with regex. I've obtained a bunch of pdfs (not DRMd) that have headers and footers that start with

file:/// followed by a long directory string. Can someone give me the correct regex to delete, basically, any string that starts like that and continues until the end of the line? (occasionally there will be white space in these headers/footers).

Many thanks; I promise to start writing my own once I get some startup help.

Carl
cellocgw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:44 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I dont recall if calibre compiles regexes with the . matching eol of lines or not, but if not

file:///.*
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2010, 02:42 PM   #3
cellocgw
cellocgw began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I dont recall if calibre compiles regexes with the . matching eol of lines or not, but if not

file:///.*
Thanks! I'll play with that and a couple variations, as some of the headers at least end with numeral and parenthesis, so regex would be

file://.*[0-9]\) or something similar.
I did play with a 'workaround for dummies,' by converting pdf to txt, editing the text file in Word (global search/replace), then converting txt to epub.
Love Calibre!

Carl
cellocgw is offline   Reply With Quote