kph
kph began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Max 2
A Home button please!!!
kph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 01:25 AM   #47
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kph View Post
A Home button please!!!
Have you tried a button remapper (they include long press)?
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 05:07 AM   #48
norweger
Addict
norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.

Device: Android-phone, HTC Desire Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippe D. View Post
I'd say it would be difficult to precisely place the soft end, say, at the crossing of two previous lines; this is often required for precise geometry. I haven't used a compass for real in years, but that was the main reason I'd want to use a sharp pointy end.
When it's a see-through soft pad with a normal needle going into the pad, it should be fine.
norweger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 12:03 AM   #49
mdpanic
mdpanic began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Note 10.1
It would be great to have a better way to customize the screensaver images. I would like to have the possibility to place a png in some folder so that the device uses it automatically. The use case would be a dashboard with calendar, todos, etc, that I would like to have shown when the device is turned of.
mdpanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 05:42 AM   #50
sogaiu
Addict
sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.

Came across this the other day:

http://bbs.onyx-international.com/t/...ver-exactly/68

May be that's close?
sogaiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 02:44 PM   #51
mdpanic
mdpanic began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Note 10.1
Thanks, I've seen this menu item, but unfortunately I would have to redo the procedure after every update of the dashboard...
mdpanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 04:59 AM   #52
Waiting4somethin
Addict
Waiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the rough

Device: Wexler Flex One, NookST, n96ml+
If its not already there,

-Screen rotation (So notes work correctly without hassle)
-Disable/enable capacitive layer

In next max (and note!):

-Sim card
-MICROSD card
-Keep buttons/headphone
Waiting4somethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 05:09 PM   #53
norweger
Addict
norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.

Device: Android-phone, HTC Desire Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting4somethin View Post
-Disable/enable capacitive layer
Hear, hear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting4somethin View Post
In next max (and note!):

-Sim card
When you can set up your phone as a hotspot, why would you want a SIM card? I am curious to know. I loathe having running subscriptions such as one for an extra SIM card.
norweger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 02:21 PM   #54
Waiting4somethin
Addict
Waiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by norweger View Post
When you can set up your phone as a hotspot, why would you want a SIM card? I am curious to know. I loathe having running subscriptions such as one for an extra SIM card.
I'm not too keen on smartphones. Eink smartphones perhaps.

For me these devices are now viable tablet replacements (if like me you’d prefer not to stare into a light for long periods) so like other tablets I think its more convenient for it to be self sufficient.
Old 04-23-2018, 05:14 AM   #55
Waiting4somethin
Addict

I wish it had multiple usb ports which can be used OTG.
Old 05-01-2018, 07:45 PM   #56
bclarky12
bclarky12 began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox max 2 pro
System update to replace the (useless) wiktionary search button in neo reader 2.0 to a google search button would help me immensely in my medical studies! Or atleast an option similar to moonreader for a customizable dictionary button where you can insert any url you want. Librera is the best, you can set it so if you long tap the word or phrase, it automatically does a google search. But these apps are not optimized for the boox in the same way that neo reader is.

Last edited by bclarky12; 05-01-2018 at 07:59 PM.
bclarky12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 05:33 AM   #57
Waiting4somethin
Addict

Quote:
One feature that would be helpful in this mode is the ability to reverse the hardware page turning buttons.
On my older boox @ android 4.0.4, one way of achieving this, if I understand the situation correctly, is through an app called Shortcut Master: using its app explorer from the menu, find com.android.settings > com.android.settings.KeyMapSettings > key mapping options.

EDIT: nevermind, false advice (the settings don't do anything)

Last edited by Waiting4somethin; 05-03-2018 at 06:01 AM.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:09 AM   #58
isaact33
isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx boox m96 & Boox Max 2
I really wish they can add an automatic save feature to the notes app such as when it goes on standby or before it powers off. I lost my pages of notes twice due to the device powering off from long standby.
isaact33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 04:11 PM   #59
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kph View Post
A Home button please!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
Have you tried a button remapper (they include long press)?
I just tried Button Remapper, making the long press on the [Back] button act as [Home]: it works.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 05:53 AM   #60
onyx2001
onyx2001 began at the beginning.

Device: Max 2 and T86
Making full use of the high resolution screen in the Note app (or a paint app):

when I first started drawing I thought "what a disappointing resolution" then I switched to stand-by and noticed the very beautiful fine lines. so it should be possible to paint with fine lines?

(after a few seconds the Note app anti-aliases (and freezes), but that's not the real deal)

Last edited by onyx2001; 05-29-2018 at 06:42 AM.
onyx2001 is offline   Reply With Quote