Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 09-09-2020, 04:17 PM   #61
kalios
kalios began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
I went through the update process to 8.1 today and I had to run the update tool 2 times as the first time my Mars was stuck in a boot loop. It is working now and from initial impressions, the units feels more responsive;the wake up time feels more fluid. I have not observed any unusual standby battery drain or crashes from the 4-5 hours I've been playing with the new update.
kalios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 04:20 PM   #62
jilgo
jilgo began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox Note and likebook mars
Hello, I have a problem with the android 8.1 Mars instalation.
When I connect my device to the pc, the android tool program recognizes it, but when I click on the update button I get the following message:
Check chip fail
Can someone help me? Thank you
jilgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2020, 04:24 PM   #63
seby
seby began at the beginning.

Same story for me. First attempt got my Mars stuck in a boot loop, second one worked fine. I haven't noticed many differences so far - on the positive side, the boot time is definitely faster. The battery usage is the same, I don't see any difference.
On the negative side, after reinstalling all my apps I have my Perfect Viewer crashing a lot (never crashed before on Android 6). Haven't root caused it though, so it might not be related to Android 8. I'll post an update once/if I can root cause the crash
seby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 05:05 PM   #64
crane3
Guru
crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fire hdx 8.9, Tab S2, Tab S5e, Aura ONE
add
Quote:
Originally Posted by jilgo View Post
Hello, I have a problem with the android 8.1 Mars instalation.
When I connect my device to the pc, the android tool program recognizes it, but when I click on the update button I get the following message:
Check chip fail
Can someone help me? Thank you
Looks like the same problem I had in that I inserted the "key" & connected the Mars to the PC BEFORE I ran the install due to bad memory recall. When the Mars is connected to the PC, the Mars booted up.

Had forgot to read the instructions & had done the same thing when I had to go thru the same process on the original Mars in order to update for getting Google store.

Do the "key" & usb connection AFTER clicking on the android tool where the "loader" will show up instead of the 'found MTP' and/or ADB.

edit: See Step 5 for when to connect to the PC

Last edited by crane3; 09-09-2020 at 05:08 PM. Reason: add info: step 5
crane3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 06:40 PM   #65
raygj
Connoisseur
raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.

Device: likebook mars
New FW-V3.0.0-2020090714 Updating for Likebook Mars released!

RE: <https://twitter.com/BoyueTechnology/status/1303585092497940485>

New FW-V3.0.0-2020090714 Updating for Likebook Mars released!
1) If your FW is android 8.1 version already, please connect with WIFI for updating if you need.

2) If your FW is android 6.0 version, please root it with followed instruction: https://mega.nz/file/LJIlxKCS#hJy0UW...ZNoX5F_OMljx-A
raygj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2020, 03:16 AM   #66
bazz2004
Groupie
bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.

Device: Boyue Alita
After the amount of time that it has taken to get an update out there it's hard to understand why Boyue fail to provide easy and clear instructions. All that this is doing is giving the relatively few readers of this section the impression that this is a risky procedure. Maybe it is unless you are pretty confident and experienced with Android devices.
bazz2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 09:32 AM   #67
MartinPLr
MartinPLr began at the beginning.

Device: Inkbook Prime in past
This tool worked for me, but after second time. For first got bootloop.
https://codeload.github.com/Forkwork...ols/zip/master
MartinPLr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 11:30 AM   #68
Lparsons21
Zealot
Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazz2004 View Post
After the amount of time that it has taken to get an update out there it's hard to understand why Boyue fail to provide easy and clear instructions. All that this is doing is giving the relatively few readers of this section the impression that this is a risky procedure. Maybe it is unless you are pretty confident and experienced with Android devices.

I don’t understand why it needs the convoluted method to do it at all. My Android phone updated to later versions of Android the same way it does other updates. OTA and dead simple!
Lparsons21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 12:50 AM   #69
DosSantos
DosSantos began at the beginning.

I was one of the people who was able to successfully update using the original 8.1 firmware file that was later taken down without any problems.
Upgated to the newer FW-V3.0.0-2020090714 firmware via wifi 2 nights ago and everything is much, much faster- far faster than the old Android 6 firmware. The update also fixed the built in book reader app that was terrible in that first version of 8.1.
DosSantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 04:14 AM   #70
bazz2004
Groupie
bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.

Device: Boyue Alita
Apparently Google have just started rolling out Android 11 and it should be on most smart phones over the next year. Not a big deal for me as I don't have a smart phone but it makes Boyue ereaders look even more behind the curve.
bazz2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 11:12 AM   #71
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazz2004 View Post
Apparently Google have just started rolling out Android 11 and it should be on most smart phones over the next year. Not a big deal for me as I don't have a smart phone but it makes Boyue ereaders look even more behind the curve.
And which app stopped working because Google releases Android 11?
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 11:45 AM   #72
patientxtr
Enthusiast
patientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it is

Device: Likebook Mars, Kindle 3(sold), Jetbook Lite (gave away)
Slightly off-topic but I suggest Aurora Store for a -very good- alternative to play store. From what I understand it doesn't need google framework (at least it is disabled on my reader it is still working) The only thing you need to be careful is not to login with your google account because it might banned by google (you don't need to login at all here, just use it anonymously)
patientxtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 12:19 PM   #73
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by patientxtr View Post
Slightly off-topic but I suggest Aurora Store for a -very good- alternative to play store. From what I understand it doesn't need google framework (at least it is disabled on my reader it is still working) The only thing you need to be careful is not to login with your google account because it might banned by google (you don't need to login at all here, just use it anonymously)
Many applications require access to the Google Play Store for license verification purposes
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 04:20 PM   #74
patientxtr
Enthusiast
patientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it is

Device: Likebook Mars, Kindle 3(sold), Jetbook Lite (gave away)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Many applications require access to the Google Play Store for license verification purposes
And those are labeled as such. Also this store specifies if an app is somehow collecting info or logging your usage data. More of a privacy centered store but it seems also less resource intensive.
patientxtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 01:46 AM   #75
raygj
Connoisseur
raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.

Device: likebook mars
need to update dictionary when you install 8.1 update

make sure WiFi is on and connected to internet
open a book for reading
long press on a word to bring up dictionary popup window
top right-hand corner of popup window click on A (icon)
top right-hand corner of the new window click on A-Z(icon)
on right-hand side of System Dictionary line click on the update box
wait for download to complete
it takes quite a while to download.So be patient.
if it errors then on right-hand side of System Dictionary line click on the error box
if it errors again click then on back-arrow several times to return to reading book page and try later at a different time of day.(at that time make sure your WiFi is on and connected to internet)
raygj is offline   Reply With Quote