Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 09-30-2020, 04:13 PM   #106
DUW1G1T
DUW1G1T began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars Kobo Aura 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinPLr View Post
This tool worked for me, but after second time. For first got bootloop.
https://codeload.github.com/Forkwork...ols/zip/master
Thanks for linking this tool, the one in the pdf provided by Boyue wouldn't run and gave me congif errors no matter what. After an hour of scouring I came across this forum and was finally able to update my likebook mars.

Now to wait to download and install 2020090714.

ignore the rest of this just seo terms.
Likebook mars loading config file failed
androidtool location RK-DevTools-master\RK-DevTools-master\windows\AndroidTool\AndroidTool_Release
DUW1G1T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 09:00 PM   #107
azayn
Zealot
azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3,Kobo Mini,iPad, Galaxy S9 [Retired: Sony PRS-505,Nook ST]
I just ordered the Likebook Mars from Amazon. Presumably it comes with Android 6.0. Would it better if I upgraded it to 8.1 first thing or does it not matter?

Also, does Boyue provide OTA updates for Android 8.1 the way they do devices running 6.0?
azayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 06:44 AM   #108
Kanalratte
Connoisseur
Kanalratte has much to be proud ofKanalratte has much to be proud ofKanalratte has much to be proud ofKanalratte has much to be proud ofKanalratte has much to be proud ofKanalratte has much to be proud ofKanalratte has much to be proud ofKanalratte has much to be proud ofKanalratte has much to be proud ofKanalratte has much to be proud ofKanalratte has much to be proud of

Device: PocketBook -622, -Inkpad, PW2, BOOX Kepler
@raygj
I am not happy with the update. I would like to go back to Android 6.0.
I solved the problem of formatting the 128 GB by formatting the memory card to NTFS under Windows. If the memory card is formatted as exFAT by default, the format will crash on Mars.
Calibre Companion: Under Android 8 it is no longer possible to simply copy the calibre directory onto the SD card. I cannot then give the path to the directory. But I can integrate the e-book reader as a wireless device in Calibre. It is important to specify the port address. It didn't work without it. So far it works, only very slowly.
Thanks for your help.
Kanalratte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 10:22 AM   #109
ottischwenk
Guru
ottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: B Ares/Alita, OB Nova2/Poke2/Poke Pro, Tol Epos2/Shine3/Shine2/Page2
I would be interested in whether the Boyue Likebook devices under 8.1 also work with SD cards larger than 128 GB.
My Alita and Ares also work with Samsung 512 Evo Plus cards under Android 6.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 12:53 PM   #110
seby
seby began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
I would be interested in whether the Boyue Likebook devices under 8.1 also work with SD cards larger than 128 GB.
My Alita and Ares also work with Samsung 512 Evo Plus cards under Android 6.
Yes, no problem with that. I'm running Android 8.1 on my Likebook Mars with a 256GB Samsung SD card, no problems.
seby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 01:36 PM   #111
ottischwenk
Guru
ottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: B Ares/Alita, OB Nova2/Poke2/Poke Pro, Tol Epos2/Shine3/Shine2/Page2
Quote:
Originally Posted by seby View Post
Yes, no problem with that. I'm running Android 8.1 on my Likebook Mars with a 256GB Samsung SD card, no problems.
That's fine - in my Ares and Alita there are Samsung Evo Plus 512 and I don't want to lose this opportunity with Android update.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 04:36 AM   #112
patientxtr
patientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it is

Device: Likebook Mars, Kindle 3(sold), Jetbook Lite (gave away)
I need rotation control that works in android 8.1 . Whatever program I use, I select orientation enter any app and the orientation resets, then I see the programs controls on notification area has disappeared meaning it is closed when I open any program after that , for example rotation control pro. I need permanent orientation control at least.
patientxtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 01:28 PM   #113
asuagar
asuagar began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars T80D
After following the instructions, my T80D is stucked in a boot loop sequence. Before it, I could see a black screen with a white circle. Is it normal being in such state for several minutes? Somebody can post the dump files of the new version?

SOLVED: I repeated the same steps a second time. Now, it works!

Last edited by asuagar; 10-09-2020 at 01:50 PM.
asuagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 10:55 PM   #114
squiresque
squiresque began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
Quote:
Originally Posted by azayn View Post
I just ordered the Likebook Mars from Amazon. Presumably it comes with Android 6.0. Would it better if I upgraded it to 8.1 first thing or does it not matter?

Also, does Boyue provide OTA updates for Android 8.1 the way they do devices running 6.0?
It's very important to read the update instructions *very carefully* before doing the update since leaving out even the smallest detail can have bad consequences for your device. Upon doing that, you would not want to waste time setting up Mars under Android 6.0, only to have your work erased during the update.

As someone who did do the update, I cannot recommend it due to several unpleasant surprises. First, the SD Card support breaks for Samsung SD card formats. Second, and surprisingly, Boyue's own default reader is worse in the 8.1 update than it was in 6.0 - forcing me to rely on KO Reader in the Mars with 8.1. These issues lead me to suspect there are other problems lurking, and there hasn't been update to correct the reader or SD card issues. Finally, while I can be as happy as anyone that some sophisticated users, and users sensitive to the placebo effect that updating affords, report improvements in performance, I have noticed no benefit from the upgrade - only problems and frustration. To be safe, I got an Alita before updating the Mars, and use Alita with 6.0 now almost exclusively.

Good luck.
squiresque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 03:37 AM   #115
lems1995
Zealot
lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: sony prs-t2,prs-t3, onyx boox n96ml, maxcarta, Likebook Note+Mimas
I just want android 8.1!!!

Folks want just android 8.1 and front light, they don't care reading app!. No one shows his reading experience.
lems1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 02:04 AM   #116
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by squiresque View Post
To be safe, I got an Alita before updating the Mars, and use Alita with 6.0 now almost exclusively.

Good luck.
But with 8.1 you can download more advanced apps. Have you tried anyone?
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:38 AM   #117
vladimir
vladimir began at the beginning.

Device: palm zire, Kindles, Yotaphone 2, Likebook Mars
Upgraded to 8.0 then over wifi to 8.1 and now the device freezes 2-5 minutes after restart.
vladimir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:04 PM   #118
raygj
Enthusiast
raygj doesn't litterraygj doesn't litter

Device: likebook mars
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladimir View Post
Upgraded to 8.0 then over wifi to 8.1 and now the device freezes 2-5 minutes after restart.
the first boot up is slow as it is checking all storage for errors.the second boot up should be fast.
if it is still very slow then do a factory reset.
raygj is offline   Reply With Quote