Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-10-2018, 02:59 PM   #1
ChipAHoy
Thistle Sifter
ChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Question jailbreak Kindle PW 3

I really don't want to go through the Jailbreak process, mainly because I am not a developer, and don't quite understand some of the instructions.

But i really want my Collections to be synced between my device, my Amazon kindle ebook list (which may not be possible if I have non-Amazon books?), and Calibre.

My Paperwhite serial number if G090 G105 7232 ONO7
Firmware version is Kindle 5.9.4 (3278740046).

My computer is a Mac.

Can this device actually be jailbreaked (jailbroken)? Will I be able to sync Collections? Are there directions that a nondeveloper might understand?

Thanks very much for any help.
ChipAHoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 03:21 PM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Only jailbreak option is if you physically take apart the Kindle. Might require some soldering skills, too.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=267541

If you use Send to Kindle/Personal Documents Service to store non-Amazon ebooks, then you can sync collections using Amazon's Kindle Cloud Collections.

Alas, I don't think Calibre will work since afaik, the Kindle Collections plugin for Calibre requires jailbreak.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2018, 07:28 PM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipAHoy View Post
I really don't want to go through the Jailbreak process, mainly because I am not a developer, and don't quite understand some of the instructions.

My Paperwhite serial number if G090 G105 7232 ONO7
Firmware version is Kindle 5.9.4 (3278740046).
The good news: You are in luck, no puzzling directions to follow.
The bad news: No directions of any sort to follow
(other than use a serial port jb - we do have Mac specific directions - but I know you do not want to do that.)
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote