Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 01-10-2018, 01:58 PM   #1
toomuchreading
Groupie
toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-T1
Thumbs up Thank-you Kovid and All Developers

I would like to say a Huge thank-you to Kovid and all your developer helpers for Calibre. Here's a little story for you guys...

Last week I experienced a system failure on my PC and unbeknownst to me the the creation of system restore points to my Windows 7 PC had been turned off. (BTW the failure was not caused by Calibre...just so you don't worry)

I had installed the latest update to Calibre the previous Friday to my system failure, and upon the system failure, the automatic repair function decided it couldn't fix the error. The only option was to restore the OS to the last restore point, but the only restore point available was from Calibre! Needless to say Calibre creating a restore point before installing an upgrade saved my PC bacon.

My system is now working fine, and system restore points are being created regularly again. If not for the restore point that was created by the Calibre installer, things would be much more different and I wouldn't be writing this on my PC now. I wasn't expecting Calibre to be the reason I got my computer back to working order, but it was.

I just wanted to let everyone know how appreciative I am for the most used piece of software on my computer after my browser.

:t hanks:

PS...PLEASE...Don't ever take that creation of a restore point away
toomuchreading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 09:59 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You're welcome, however, calibre does not deserve the credit for this. It doesn't do anything special to create a restore point, that is done by windows whenever software is installed.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert