Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 04-01-2015, 11:46 AM   #106
RUSsiya90
RUSsiya90 began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook touch 2 lux (626)
Razrazrabotchiki huge thank you very much, now works underline text selection, just a little slow, thank you for the prompt updating of the program
RUSsiya90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 11:52 AM   #107
RUSsiya90
RUSsiya90 began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook touch 2 lux (626)
scaling images please implement
RUSsiya90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2015, 09:10 PM   #108
soulafein
Enthusiast
soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 2
I've installed Koreader on Pocketbook 515 mini. It works but I have only option to turn page up and down. Setting and return to menu doesn't work Any suggestions ??
soulafein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 04:20 AM   #109
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
The keyboard-only control is not in a usable state at the moment, I think. The application is strongly focused on touch devices. I think some versions way back in time did also work with an alpha-numeric keyboard.

For starters, I think we never even had key codes implemented for the Pocketbook keys. And if we had, there are probably some UI elements that will not properly work at the moment. Sorry - this needs some dedicated development, I think.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 01:59 PM   #110
ArtiiP
ArtiiP began at the beginning.

Device: PB Mini
well it's not that hard

Changing end of koreader\frontend\device\pocketbook\device.lua
to somthing like this:
Code:
local PocketBook840 = PocketBook:new{
    isTouchDevice = no, -- yes,
    hasKeys = yes,
    display_dpi = 200,
    emu_events_dev = "/var/dev/shm/emu_events",
}

function PocketBook840:init()
    self.screen = require("ffi/framebuffer_mxcfb"):new{device = self, debug = DEBUG}
    self.powerd = require("device/pocketbook/powerd"):new{device = self}
    self.input = require("device/input"):new{
        device = self,
        event_map = {
            [24] = "LPgBack",
            [25] = "LPgFwd",
            [1002] = "Power",
            [0x11] = "Up",
            [0x12] = "Down",
            [0x13] = "Back", --"Left",
            [0x14] = "Menu", -- "Right",
            [0x0a] = "Press" , -- "Menu","Press" , "Home", "ScreenKB", "Enter"
        }
    }
    PocketBook.init(self)
end
i got usable (but unstable) menus on 515.

Last edited by ArtiiP; 04-17-2015 at 02:06 PM.
ArtiiP is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2015, 04:27 AM   #111
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Great! If you have a Github account, you can send a PR, if you like. Otherwise I kindly ask if I might take your additions to the koreader code base?
Old 04-21-2015, 12:40 AM   #112
bewlief
bewlief began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 840
can anyone help complie a WizNote Client for Pocketbook 840?

hey guys, I'm from China and just had a pocketbook 840 now.
In China, we often use one WizNote which is like EverNote. From the WizNote web, we can find its source code is here: https://github.com/wizteam/wizqtclient

So I wanna know, if anyone can help compile it for Pocketbook 840? So that we can use it again on 840.
bewlief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 09:51 AM   #113
hawhill
Wizard

That would be off-topic in this thread, I think. So I want to kindly ask you to open a new one for that.
Old 04-21-2015, 07:20 PM   #114
ArtiiP
ArtiiP began at the beginning.

Device: PB Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
Otherwise I kindly ask if I might take your additions to the koreader code base?
Of course

But some kind of detection, touch and non-touch devices is required.

bad news,
this keys definitions is not PB like (difficult to get used)
circle right - menu
circle left - back/exit
circle up/down - up/down in menu
circle ok - enter

Last edited by ArtiiP; 04-21-2015 at 07:36 PM.
ArtiiP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 08:48 AM   #115
zlo21
zlo21 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Basic Touch (624)
Koreader works fine on Pocketbook Basic Touch (624). My firmware version is W624.4.4.1310. I have installed latest version of koreader (v2014.11-222), but there is problem with dictionary. It's problem with libglib-2.0.so.0 again:

Code:
./sdcv: error while loading shared libraries: libglib-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I copy this lib from v2014.11-85 (on this version dictionaries work well) but that generete next issue:

Code:
Atached mqueue: id 8001
./sdcv: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by ./sdcv)
./sdcv: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.9' not found (required by ./sdcv)
./ffi/framebuffer_mxcfb.lua:59: interrupted!
Edit:

Last version where libglib-2.0.so.0 is present is v2014.11-173 and dictionaries work.

Last edited by zlo21; 04-28-2015 at 09:17 AM.
zlo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 05:47 AM   #116
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Is that right that for PDF there is no option to zoom into the page manually? I'd like to be able to move the page around with my fingers or use pinch to zoom. Also, I wasn't able to figure out how to read a PDF with two columns.
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 07:43 AM   #117
AntoReader
AntoReader began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 840
Can I zoom image in epub?

Hello,
just installed koreader on my PocketBook840 fw 5.4 because the default epub reader supplied has many problems.
Koreader so far render better the epubs but there is still a problem I hope someone can help me to solve:
When I have a picture in my epub page how can I zoom it? I am reading tech books and sometime they have screen captures or listing coded as pictures and text inside the picture is too small, I want to zoom possibly by pinch gesture, but it doenst work, neither work any gesture I could think of.
Please help, thank you!
AntoReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 04:35 AM   #118
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
The latest release doesn't work on my Pocketbook Touch Lux 2, again. :-(

And I can verify that dictionary lookup doesn't work on the previous version.

Last edited by LucyOne; 07-28-2015 at 06:04 AM.
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 06:23 PM   #119
loviedovie
Addict
loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bookeen
Does it work on pb840 inkpad?
loviedovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 07:34 PM   #120
jackm8
Zealot
jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by loviedovie View Post
Does it work on pb840 inkpad?
Sure does.

I'm currently switching between it and Coolreader3 deciding what's more up to my liking. I'm leaning towards this one for both epub and pdf. For comics rkomar's program is superior because KOReader is a lot slower turning pages on large files.

KOReader is also noticeably slower than Coolreader and native reader when it comes to opening pdf and epub files and fooling around with settings. Occasionaly it can even hang doing both. But once files are open, turning the pages is fast, probably the fastest for pdfs.

It has couple of quirks thought. It wont accept native fonts, all fonts need to be put into it's application folder. And it wont accept native dictionary ether, so you need to convert or find one for it in Stardict format.

One thing is really annoying me thought. It's crop feature for pdf files is nasty. Turning it on, I found no way to turn it off, and manual selection for cropping is extremely awkward with touchscreen. I spent nearly half an hour trying to just set it back to it's default values. Simple options of fit hight, fit width and turn off seem to be missing.

Oh, and It also won't open one of my epubs. Winters Tale from Modern Library. Maybe it's got to do with it being heavily annotated.
jackm8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, epub, koreader, pb742, pdf, pocketbook