Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-15-2012, 10:45 AM   #1
Coronach
Coronach began at the beginning.

Device: none
Tweak: Sort Columns at Startup

So, first a little background information. I have my book libraries sorted into folders, based on a general Genre, rather than flood a single library with thousands of books.

Currently it looks like this:

K:\I - Main Library
..Calibre (the Calibre portable install folder, Calibre Library, Calibre Settings, etc)
..Section I - Science Fiction and Fantasy
..Section II - Romance
..Section III - Non-Fiction
..Section IV - Roleplaying
..Section V - Anime Novels

I chose to have these folders exist beside the Calibre one, rather than inside it. So when I go into Calibre, it generally starts up with the blank Calibre Library, but I can use the icon at the top to select whichever of those five libraries I want access to.

The problem I'm having, as the title hints at, is with the Tweak for sorting columns. I'm hoping there is a way around it.

Currently in tweaks, the option looks like this:

# Specify columns to sort the booklist by on startup

sort_columns_at_startup = [('series', 0), ('title', 0)]

Which I setup primarily for the Anime Novels library, in order to keep the books grouped by series, and then alphabetically by the title.

I was hoping that the tweak setting would be saved into one of the small files created by Calibre upon creation of the library. (Either metadata.db or metadata_db_prefs_backup.json)

However that wasn't the case, as I learned when I loaded up the Roleplaying library and found my books being sorted down by their series info, or lack thereof.

Is it possible to write it so the Column Sorting is done differently in each library?
Coronach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:52 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Tweaks are per user. You can find the (your settings) file in the Calibre Configuration directory.

You might be able to do some mumbling about with this, before starting Calibre
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2012, 11:01 AM   #3
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@Coronach - if you use the View Manager plugin, you can make a default "view" for each library with a sort order, and set it to be automatically applied when that library is switched to.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:11 PM   #4
Coronach
Coronach began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks a lot kiwidude, and you too, theducks.

I did have View Manager installed already, I just hadn't done much fiddling with it. I'm still in the process of getting Calibre all finely tuned and working. But VM works great for that sorting.

I set Roleplaying as Title (A-Z) and Anime Novels as Series (A-Z) / Title (A-Z) and it looks great.
Coronach is offline   Reply With Quote