Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-11-2018, 02:23 AM   #1
Cootey
Zealot
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura ONE LE, Kindle Paperwhite 7, iPad Air, iPhone 8
Question Collection syncing issues between Paperwhite & Amazon.com

I posted about this issue in April, but I just bought a brand new Paperwhite 7 and ran into the issue again.

Basically, if I organize my eBooks on amazon.com (Manage Your Content and Devices), the changes I make aren't mirrored on my Kindle Paperwhite. This didn't used to be an issue, but became one at least for the past year.

Specifically, I created several new collections on amazon.com. None of them showed up under ALL on the Kindle (Kindle cloud). I've synced, restarted, and reset with no changes. I even have a brand new Kindle Paperwhite with the same problems as my previous Paperwhite. I have 25 Collections, but only 13 of them show up on the Kindle.

If I create a similarly named collection on the Paperwhite (say, Gaming), then sync, there will be two collections named "Gaming" on amazon.com. Any books I add from amazon.com to the collection created on the Paperwhite won't show up on the Kindle, even after syncing or restarting.

Any idea what's going on and how to fix it? The solution seems to be to originate all changes from the Paperwhite, but it's so clunky and sluggish for this sort of work.

Paperwhite 7 (5.9.7)

Cheers!

~Dˢ
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 04:07 PM   #2
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV
Are you sure you are viewing ALL and not merely "Downloaded"? On my Oasis, the active term is darker. When I touch the other term, I definitely see all the collections that I've created in the cloud.
badgoodDeb is online now   Reply With Quote