Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-07-2018, 05:11 AM   #1
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
CURL for Kobos [request]

For a script which should automatically download my daily newspaper I'm searching for a version of curl which runs on Kobos with actual FW. I would be gratefule if anyone, who managed to run curl on Kobos, could provide those files.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 12:14 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
EDIT: Now with proper SSL support, and a CA bundle ^^.

You'll probably have to point --cacert to the bundled ca-bundle.crt (or do the same via the CURL_CA_BUNDLE env var) .

EDIT²: This standalone binary probably won't be updated anymore, as I've since made cURL an integral part of KoboStuff, where it *is* kept up to date .
Attached Files
File Type: gz curl-7.65.1-kobo.tar.gz (1.51 MB, 266 views)

Last edited by NiLuJe; 05-29-2020 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Updated to 7.65.1
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 12:55 PM   #3
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, old binary seems to work fine. Just have to adapt my script to use the non SSL download link.

Edit: Yep its working, many thanks!

Last edited by nhedgehog; 08-07-2018 at 01:07 PM.
Old 08-07-2018, 02:29 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Updated the binary with proper SSL support .
Old 08-09-2018, 04:51 AM   #5
nhedgehog
Guru

SSL support tested and found it working!
Thanks!
Old 10-25-2018, 01:45 PM   #6
fsantini
fsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
EDIT: Now with proper SSL support, and a CA bundle ^^.

You'll probably have to point --cacert to the bundled ca-bundle.crt (or do the same via the CURL_CA_BUNDLE env var) .
Hi NiLuJe!

I came across this thread and I registered to the forum to thank you! I recently tried to do the same as you did but somehow couldn't make it work (was segfaulting on the device). Would you mind sharing the settings you used for the compilation?

Thank you again!
fsantini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 01:52 PM   #7
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Did you compile it statically?
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 02:15 PM   #8
fsantini
fsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Did you compile it statically?
Yes, both my attempt and this one are statically compiled.
Old 10-25-2018, 03:43 PM   #9
NiLuJe
BLAM!

It's in the commented out bit of my usual setup, because I don't actually need it in my prefix .

There's a fair bit of autotools fuckery involved to get it to link statically against OpenSSL & zlib only, because I really, really wanted to be able to re-use everything in my prefix with no ugly hacks like moving stuff out of GCC's prying eyes, because cross-compiling OpenSSL is fairly hellish to begin with.
Old 10-26-2018, 01:20 AM   #10
fsantini

Awesome! Thank you!
Old 10-26-2018, 10:36 AM   #11
NiLuJe
BLAM!

I'm always happy to discuss these kind of things, so don't hesitate to ask if anything looks weird or suspiciously obtuse .