Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-05-2018, 08:28 PM   #1
LittleHouse75
LittleHouse75 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Alternate Android Handwriting App

For years I've used an excellent iOS handwriting app called "Notes Plus" -- it has the best feature set I've seen.

They've ported their technology to Android in an app called "INKredible" -- almost as full featured as their iOS app. It does wonders on my Pixelbook. And the basic version is free.

Has anybody had a chance to try this on the Onyx Note or Max 2? I'm curious how this performs, even without Onyx optimizations...
LittleHouse75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 01:53 AM   #2
leojab
leojab began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2
Well, for better writing experience on Onyx Boox you may need to wait for v1.9.1 firmware. Dont know the expected date but mostly they say within a month or so
leojab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 06:15 AM   #3
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
they are too laggy for the moment, they say as leojab told you that with 1.9.1 firmware we should be able to disable the capacitive layer so the stylus will work smooth, but that is yet to be seen
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 03:34 PM   #4
zsdiogo
zsdiogo doesn't litterzsdiogo doesn't litter

Device: Boox Note 10.3
Quote:
Originally Posted by whopper View Post
they are too laggy for the moment, they say as leojab told you that with 1.9.1 firmware we should be able to disable the capacitive layer so the stylus will work smooth, but that is yet to be seen
Well, 1.9.1 is out, and we can turn off the capacitive layer. Unfortunately though, it doesn't really solve the lag problem in other handwriting apps

I assume no one here managed to find the reason why there's so much lag yet?
zsdiogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 04:31 PM   #5
eater
Enthusiast
eater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it is

Device: linux desktop
The 1.9.1 touch-disable tool does not appear to actually turn off the capacitive layer; it just prevents it from communicating with the underlying app. You can see this if you enable "Show touches" in the developer options. It's still picking up your touch, it's just not doing anything with it.

However, with root access, you can more effectively disable the capacitive layer by entering
Code:
echo 1 > /sys/onyx_misc/captp_disable
. However however, that doesn't seem to reduce lag either.
eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 06:57 PM   #6
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
at this point, it seems that unless onyx changes everything, no other app is going to behave correctly to take notes, as no one is going to implement onyx stylus sdk.

Just too small as a market to lose time with it.
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 07:51 PM   #7
keithwwalker
keithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmos

Device: Boox Note 10.3
I use Graffiti text input from Access (this is the old Palm OS/Sony Clie input system)
If you know it, it works OK, even though the screen refresh can't keep up. Just keep writing and the letters get input. The trick is to just keep writing the letters.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...mpany.graffiti
keithwwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 03:35 AM   #8
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithwwalker View Post
I use Graffiti text input from Access (this is the old Palm OS/Sony Clie input system)
If you know it, it works OK, even though the screen refresh can't keep up. Just keep writing and the letters get input. The trick is to just keep writing the letters.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...mpany.graffiti
I use to love Graffiti back in my Palm days, but just a word of warning: the input area of my Palm V died within a year from excessive pressure and scratching. If you plan to use the stylus, make sure to apply a screen protector beforehand. Alternatively, use it with your finger.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote