Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 07-30-2018, 02:48 AM   #1
ICDeadPpl
ICDeadPpl began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Question [Request] The Digital Antiquarian feed cleanup

The Digital Antiquarian blog has an RSS feed which when converted has a navigation element that I'd like to get rid of.
The article I've tried with is this:
https://www.filfre.net/2018/07/doing...look-and-feel/
The resulting epub looks like this:

Also the "article_summary" would be nice to get rid of. Strangely also, the article summary has these Unicode character codes showing instead of the characters, while the main article has the exactly same lines showing the supposed characters properly.

I've never tried Calibre's "Fetch news" function before, so I don't know where to begin.
Can someone give me some help with this?
ICDeadPpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 03:13 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You'd need to modify the recipe, see https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/news.html

If you use an rss feed the navigation section gets auto generated from the feed data. If you want to customize it, you's need to override the parse_feeds() method in the recipe. Call the base class method which will give you the parsed entries, then you can make whatever changes you need to them and return the result.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote