Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-09-2018, 05:26 PM   #421
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Excellent. Thanks again for this great plugin.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 11:11 AM   #422
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Simulating GIF animations

(Just to document)

I extracted the frames of an animated gif and used Kindle Comic Creator to produce a KF8 ebook.

Following the Converting Comics and Manga OP's instructions, I then used the plugin to convert from the KF8's opf to the KFX format.

My goal was to use the « fast continuous page turns » manga feature to reasonably simulate the gif animation.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Moving Worms screenshot_2018_04_14T10_23_42-0400.png
Views:	340
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	163484

It pretty much worked!

See for yourself:
Attached Files
File Type: zip Moving Worms.mobi.zip (2.88 MB, 272 views)
File Type: zip Moving Worms.kfx.zip (5.19 MB, 258 views)
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 02:42 PM   #423
fardeenah
Connoisseur
fardeenah began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 4
calibre, version 3.21.0
ERROR: KFX conversion failed: <p><b>Cannot convert Deadly Secrets: An absolutely gripping crime thriller</b><br><br><b>Conversion error:</b> Kindle Previewer error: Error:E20024: OPF file Atmost 1 cover should be present is not well-formed.</p>
fardeenah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 07:34 PM   #424
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by fardeenah View Post
calibre, version 3.21.0
ERROR: KFX conversion failed: <p><b>Cannot convert Deadly Secrets: An absolutely gripping crime thriller</b><br><br><b>Conversion error:</b> Kindle Previewer error: Error:E20024: OPF file Atmost 1 cover should be present is not well-formed.</p>
The error appears to be caused by multiple covers set in the OPF of the book. If you want to convert that book you will have the fix the problems with it using an EPUB editor.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 03:48 PM   #425
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
conversion from epub fails but from mobi works

I noticed that sometime when conversion from epub to KFX fails conversion into mobi and then to KFX works. This is an example, the book is from project Gutemberg so it is in public domain.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 11:50 AM   #426
arooni
Addict
arooni began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4 (2018)
Questions:

1) I have noticed that after reading a few converted to KFX books that both the minutes remaining in chapter calculation and time left in book are vastly underestimated (I'd like to think I can read 50 pages in 5 minutes)... is this a symptom of the KFX conversion? Or is it perhaps due to something else?
2) I have noticed that sometimes on a new page it refreshes more than once... twice on the same page. Ideas?

Thanks!
arooni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 02:11 PM   #427
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arooni View Post
1) I have noticed that after reading a few converted to KFX books that both the minutes remaining in chapter calculation and time left in book are vastly underestimated (I'd like to think I can read 50 pages in 5 minutes)... is this a symptom of the KFX conversion? Or is it perhaps due to something else?
I don't know what information is used in the reading time calculation so I don't know whether or not KFX conversion can affect it.

You could try resetting the time remaining calculation by performing a search for: ;ReadingTimeReset

Quote:
2) I have noticed that sometimes on a new page it refreshes more than once... twice on the same page. Ideas?
I am not sure what you mean by this. I have seen occasional unexpected page refreshes if the clock display is enabled.
Old 05-01-2018, 08:37 PM   #428
Shad Plante
Groupie
Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 6th Gen Kindle Paperwhite
I think he means the clock bug where the screen refreshes when the clock changes.
Shad Plante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 07:10 PM   #429
arooni
Addict
arooni began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4 (2018)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shad Plante View Post
I think he means the clock bug where the screen refreshes when the clock changes.
that must be what i mean. i enabled the clock recently. i really don't need to have theee page refresh if the time changes. hopefully it will be fixed in a new firmware
arooni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 10:43 AM   #430
Shad Plante
Groupie
Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 6th Gen Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
that must be what i mean. i enabled the clock recently. i really don't need to have theee page refresh if the time changes. hopefully it will be fixed in a new firmware
Unfortunately, the issue started two firmware updates ago and has not been fixed yet. I've checked 5.9.5.1 that came out the other day and the issue is still there.
Shad Plante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 01:18 PM   #431
Fog
Fog began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
It seems like the newest version of Kindle Previewer is causing graphic novels/manga to be rendered incorrectly.

It's placing the images in the middle of the page with a big white border surrounding all sides. It appears fine in Kindle Comic Creator, but not in Kindle Previewer.
Fog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 02:37 PM   #432
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fog View Post
It seems like the newest version of Kindle Previewer is causing graphic novels/manga to be rendered incorrectly.

It's placing the images in the middle of the page with a big white border surrounding all sides. It appears fine in Kindle Comic Creator, but not in Kindle Previewer.
I have not been able to duplicate this problem using Kindle Previewer 3.21 and my test files. Do you have any more information?
Old 05-08-2018, 09:40 AM   #433
Fog
Fog began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
I have not been able to duplicate this problem using Kindle Previewer 3.21 and my test files. Do you have any more information?
I'm using images which are 1145x784, with right to left, unlocked orientation, and all pages set as double page spread.

When exported to a mobi file, the output is correct. However, opening that same mobi file in Kindle Previewer shows the incorrect result.

EDIT: Excuse my stupidity, I've figured out my issue. I swapped width and height around by mistake.

Last edited by Fog; 05-08-2018 at 09:48 AM.
Fog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 11:38 AM   #434
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fog View Post
I've figured out my issue.
No problem. I'm glad you sorted it out.
Old 05-08-2018, 04:48 PM   #435
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Version 3.22 of the Kindle Previewer is now available. It is compatible with the current release of this plugin.

Tags
kfx, linux, wine