Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-05-2009, 08:58 PM   #61
awesomevegan
Connoisseur
awesomevegan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.awesomevegan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.awesomevegan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.awesomevegan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindleing since 11/4/08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
LOL. My Kindle case actually has teeth marks on it.
That's HILARIOUS!!! Mine just tries to walk across it. (The black and white cat) I have to reposition it and him so he can snuggle with me while I read. The other one doesn't care, mostly keeps to himself. Actually I sometimes wonder if they like my bf more than me. They are all over him when he comes over!
awesomevegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:41 AM   #62
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomevegan View Post
That's HILARIOUS!!! Mine just tries to walk across it. (The black and white cat) I have to reposition it and him so he can snuggle with me while I read. The other one doesn't care, mostly keeps to himself. Actually I sometimes wonder if they like my bf more than me. They are all over him when he comes over!
Cats are great mimics...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2009, 04:12 PM   #63
myridom
Enthusiast
myridom doesn't littermyridom doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Kindle Update.....

So I sent off my Kindle using the return label Amazon sent me. Then on 1-6-09 I get an Amazon Gift Card number from the Refund Department for $287.20. Which is the Kindle price minus a $71 restocking fee..

So I called Amazon and told them I did not request a refund, I sent the unit in to either be fixed or replaced. The CSR was cool. He recalled the refund, and issued a new order for a replacement unit. He then notices the shipping date is in March and tells me he's going to try and get authorization to change my ship date since this is not a new order.
I thank him and hang up..

About 30 minutes later he calls back and says the unit will be shipped out 2 day priority on my Prime account and I should have it in a few. Cool beans!

On 1-7-09 the automated system sends me an email, saying there has been a delay in shipping and they will overnight it as soon as it is in stock on 1-12-09 and refunds me the $3.99 that was billed to my Prime account.

So another delay.. no biggie..

And as for the previous comments as to getting the shipping date bumped up or complaining about it to get it changed.. Not going to happen. I am for sure, going to be nice and courteous to the CSR's, be very understanding, and put up with any delays. This is my fault by proxy (Frank) and if they are nice enough not to charge me for breaking the screen, I can handle that.

Now if this was not the case, I'd be all over them like white on rice, leaving crying CSR's in my wake.... as is my usual method. But since it's not, I shall not. LOL

MyridoM
myridom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:20 PM   #64
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by myridom View Post
About 30 minutes later he calls back and says the unit will be shipped out 2 day priority on my Prime account and I should have it in a few. Cool beans!

On 1-7-09 the automated system sends me an email, saying there has been a delay in shipping and they will overnight it as soon as it is in stock on 1-12-09 and refunds me the $3.99 that was billed to my Prime account.

So another delay.. no biggie..

And as for the previous comments as to getting the shipping date bumped up or complaining about it to get it changed.. Not going to happen. I am for sure, going to be nice and courteous to the CSR's, be very understanding, and put up with any delays. This is my fault by proxy (Frank) and if they are nice enough not to charge me for breaking the screen, I can handle that.

Now if this was not the case, I'd be all over them like white on rice, leaving crying CSR's in my wake.... as is my usual method. But since it's not, I shall not. LOL

MyridoM
But you did get it bumped. I knew Amazon would do this. I may have chosen the wrong words, but I was still correct.

You could have received the Kindle by now if you had raised the issue when I suggested it.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:29 PM   #65
myridom
Enthusiast

so right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
But you did get it bumped. I knew Amazon would do this. I may have chosen the wrong words, but I was still correct.

You could have received the Kindle by now if you had raised the issue when I suggested it.
True True.. But I'm still playing with all the other Amazon toys that Santa delivered via UPS.. And the fact that I have my computer room back and the child has moved into his own apartment.. Now this is joy!!

So, I'm still ok with it.

MyridoM
Advert
Old 01-25-2009, 08:05 AM   #66
hanasea
Enthusiast
hanasea began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, iPod Touch
So cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myridom View Post

He looks so innocent here.. LOL

MyridoM
How lovely =) I'd like to kiss him >_<
hanasea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:34 PM   #67
myridom
Enthusiast

Spoiled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanasea View Post
How lovely =) I'd like to kiss him >_<
I'll make sure he get's some extra love today.. Even though my Kindle still hasn't arrived..

MyridoM
Old 01-27-2009, 08:54 AM   #68
mdibella
Groupie
mdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheese

Device: Infinite Kindles, Occasional Sony's
Seriously though, this is one of my biggest fears re Kindle. I love mine, I carry it everywhere, and it is chock full of books to be read. Heck, every Tuesday I have to move some to the memory card to make room for the new releases.

I'm scared to death that something will happen to it and I won't be able to get a replacement shipped overnight.

I wish they'd release Kindle 2 so I could get that and move my existing one to 'backup' status...
mdibella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:26 AM   #69
Libby Cone
scribbler
Libby Cone doesn't litterLibby Cone doesn't litterLibby Cone doesn't litter

I'm getting published!

Whooppeee! I just signed a contract with Duckworth publishers in London. I have to remove my independently-published edition from Kindle and Amazon. The new book (I don't know if they will keep the title) will be out in the summer.
Libby Cone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 08:10 AM   #70
mdibella
Groupie
mdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheese

Device: Infinite Kindles, Occasional Sony's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby Cone View Post

Whooppeee! I just signed a contract with Duckworth publishers in London. I have to remove my independently-published edition from Kindle and Amazon. The new book (I don't know if they will keep the title) will be out in the summer.
BIG Grats!!!
mdibella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 08:46 AM   #71
hanasea
Enthusiast
hanasea began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, iPod Touch
Wink :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby Cone View Post

So COOL!!!
I was going to read your book when My Kindle came../cry
There is Pacific ocean between US and me, and book shipping fee is deadly high for me. I just wondering when you are going to remove your books

Hey, I really like to read one~ =D But, Grats!!!
hanasea is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon, broken, byetta, kindle, screen