Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-08-2009, 09:29 AM   #1
valiant66
valiant66 began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone Stanza
Starting content server throws an error 55

Hi. I'm using calibre on Mac OS X. I'm trying to use calibre to share books to my iPhone. When I go into Preferences/Content Server and click Start Server, I get an error message: (55, 'No buffer space available').

How can I fix this problem?

Thanks.
valiant66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:07 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Are you using a VPN, googling that error brings up a lot of VPN related issues
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2009, 02:05 PM   #3
valiant66

Nope. No VPN. Just a TimeCapsule acting as router. A fairly standard Mac OS X install.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:09 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
In a terminal try running the following command and post the output (make sure calibre isn't already running)

calibre-server --develop
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:40 AM   #5
valiant66

*sigh* It appears to be a different problem than originally identified. The content server was already running, but the Preferences/Content Server did not reflect that (i.e. the Start Server was highlighted, the Stop Server was greyed out). So obviously trying to restart the server was the problem. Quitting calibre and restarting solved that particular problem. Sorry for the fuss, it works now.
Advert