Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 05-24-2009, 07:31 PM   #31
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlSchroeder View Post
I can't add zip files to the fbreader library nor read them by clicking on them in the file manager.
This is the expected behavior. As you say, FBReader looks inside the ZIP for ebook files it supports. For example, this works for a single-file HTML with images. FBReader adds the HTML to its library and it will read the images when they are referenced inside the HTML. If you build a simple HTML file referencing the JPEGs, this should work. Note, however, that FBReader's image processing is very rudimentary. It always centers images, never rescales images, and if an image is too big for the screen it is clipped to the screen dimensions. I attach a simple example of a HTML of images.

A better alternative would be a comic reading app, but there isn't one on the DR so far as I know.
Attached Files
File Type: zip gray_tests.zip (1.60 MB, 298 views)
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:52 AM   #32
yingwu
Addict
yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: 1000s
any version for 1.6???
yingwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2009, 11:09 AM   #33
Gwaihir
The Windlord
Gwaihir began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000S, BeBook Club S
I just installed this FBReader, assigned it the doc-html filetype in dr1000.ini (per the trick mentioned here), and started reading a .chm book. Works . But, with two issues I noticed straight away:

-> I have to press every hyperlink twice. The first time I press a link, the screen refreshes the page I am on. The second time I press a link it follows the FIRST (!) hyperlink I selected to a the new page. A quick double click works too and seems doable. Nevertheless, is it possible to change this behaviour?

-> Open documents don't show up in the task manager. Is that normal for FBReader?

Last edited by Gwaihir; 08-15-2009 at 11:23 AM.
Gwaihir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 11:34 AM   #34
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaihir View Post
-> Open documents don't show up in the task manager. Is that normal for FBReader?
Yes that is normal, programs that are ported to the DR do not show-up in the task manager by default. Some lines of code need to be added to show it. Unfortunately I am not (yet) able to build FBreader myself, so I did not have a chance to add it.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 03:45 AM   #35
Groen
eReader
Groen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
Yes that is normal, programs that are ported to the DR do not show-up in the task manager by default. Some lines of code need to be added to show it. Unfortunately I am not (yet) able to build FBreader myself, so I did not have a chance to add it.
Maybe you can inform Adam B. what to add, so he can update FBReader?
Groen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2009, 05:11 AM   #36
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groen View Post
Maybe you can inform Adam B. what to add, so he can update FBReader?
Look in this message
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 07:49 AM   #37
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
That's a very good tutorial. I'll have to use the ipc stuff to add the icon to the task manager.

To be honest, I haven't had much free time to spend on the DR (or the iLiad) lately. I do plan to get back into it eventually...
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:23 PM   #38
Viacheslav
Connoisseur
Viacheslav doesn't litterViacheslav doesn't litter

Device: iRex DR1000
Here is a filetype association package for FBReader. It installs a gconf schema and creates a new filetype for fb2, chm, epub, plucker, etc. Unzip to the root of your SD card and click "Add FBreader Extesions" icon. This should probably be bundled with FBReader distribution.
Attached Files
File Type: zip filetype-fbreader.zip (9.4 KB, 425 views)
Viacheslav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 05:15 PM   #39
Floeee
Groupie
Floeee began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000s *returned* / Sony PRS-505 *returned* / Asus eee PC t91
just got an epub from my feeds, because it has the best formating, but the links dont work

what can i do?
page is refreshing if i click on a link, but not jumping to where i want it
Floeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 03:19 PM   #40
Floeee
Groupie
Floeee began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000s *returned* / Sony PRS-505 *returned* / Asus eee PC t91
*push*

plz help
is this normal?
otherwise i have to make pdf out of my feeds
Floeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:36 AM   #41
kadbr0
kadbr0 began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
Adam,
i only just discovered your great port of FBReader. Thanks a million, for me this solves the key problem of the DR1000 i.e. the missing ePUB format. Really great!!

I suppose this makes the iREX devices the only eReaders that can display just about any eBook format around. Particularly the combination of the MobiPocket and ePUB formats is unique.

Thx, Dik
kadbr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:03 AM   #42
kadbr0
kadbr0 began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viacheslav View Post
Here is a filetype association package for FBReader. It installs a gconf schema and creates a new filetype for fb2, chm, epub, plucker, etc. Unzip to the root of your SD card and click "Add FBreader Extesions" icon. This should probably be bundled with FBReader distribution.
Viacheslav,
thanks for this one, works well.
However, after installing this i have lost the XOJ filetype association. It does not come back after running that install again. How doe i solve this?

Dik
kadbr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 11:47 AM   #43
Viacheslav
Connoisseur
Viacheslav doesn't litterViacheslav doesn't litter

Device: iRex DR1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadbr0 View Post
Viacheslav,
thanks for this one, works well.
However, after installing this i have lost the XOJ filetype association. It does not come back after running that install again. How doe i solve this?
Try removing both schemas and installing them again. That must regenerate the ini file.
Viacheslav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:15 AM   #44
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Great work - I need a Digital Reader first (still working with my Iliad). Does FBReader now support CHM tables?
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 01:55 PM   #45
Pagnol
Pagnol began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR 1000S
Works well, thank you.

I wonder whether the developers of FBReader will integrate the function to look up in mobipocket dictionaries. I'd very much appreciate this!
Pagnol is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fbreader, software