Notices

Old 12-20-2008, 12:56 AM   #1
Apoteker
MobileRead Padawan
Apoteker began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Glad to be a part of the MobileRead Community

Hi MobileRead Members,

Let me start by saying that I'm happy to be a member of your community. I have read lots of posts before deciding to join and have been impressed by how courteous and helpful the responses have been. My wife and I have been avid readers for years and I also tend to be a techie at heart. This year I decided to take the plunge and buy her a Sony PRS-505 for Christmas. It seems to be the perfect solution for the reader in her and the tech geek in me. Prices for books seem to be reasonable and the convenience factor will be great when traveling. I hope to learn a great deal from everyone and eventually be able to give back to the community when I become more familiar with the ins and outs of this new (to me) technology. Happy Holidays to everyone and I look forward to making new friends here on MobileRead.
Apoteker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 01:39 AM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Welcome, Apoteker!

I hope you and your wife enjoy her new toy!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2008, 08:43 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Apoteker and welcome to the Forum. Lots of friendly bookworms here. I've had a 505 since January 08 and like it a lot. Your wife will become addicted.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 09:24 AM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoteker View Post
Hi MobileRead Members,

Let me start by saying that I'm happy to be a member of your community. I have read lots of posts before deciding to join and have been impressed by how courteous and helpful the responses have been. My wife and I have been avid readers for years and I also tend to be a techie at heart. This year I decided to take the plunge and buy her a Sony PRS-505 for Christmas. It seems to be the perfect solution for the reader in her and the tech geek in me. Prices for books seem to be reasonable and the convenience factor will be great when traveling. I hope to learn a great deal from everyone and eventually be able to give back to the community when I become more familiar with the ins and outs of this new (to me) technology. Happy Holidays to everyone and I look forward to making new friends here on MobileRead.
Welcome, and Merry Christmas to you!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 04:37 PM   #5
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Welcome Apoteker and wife. I'm interested in your statement that you bought the Sony for her -- but you're both avid readers. I guess that means you'll have to put up with paper books for the time being or "borrow" her Sony from time to time. My sister got a Kindle for Mother's Day. Her daughter would borrow the Kindle while her mother was at work, and then they'd have to negotiate which one got to finish reading the book-in-progress. So, eventually, daughter was gifted with a Kindle as a graduation present. I predict that you will also wind up living in a two-reader family. Of course, the best part of this is that even for those books you purchase, they are licensed to more than one reader. That's even better than sharing one copy of a paper book since you can both be reading the same book at the same time. (Well, assuming that you like to read the same kinds of books.)

Welcome to MobileRead. As you've already noticed, it's a nice place to hang out.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2008, 01:50 AM   #6
Apoteker
MobileRead Padawan
Apoteker began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
. ........I guess that means you'll have to put up with paper books for the time being or "borrow" her Sony from time to time. ..... I predict that you will also wind up living in a two-reader family.
Elsi, I think that you have a little psychic in you I'm sure that we will eventually wind up with two readers in my family (maybe three after my oldest son gets a look at the 505). I was actually most motivated to buy the Sony for the convenience factor. It will be easier for her to take something to read with her when she's on the go. Thanks again for the welcome!
Apoteker is offline   Reply With Quote