Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-21-2014, 01:41 AM   #1
judet
judet began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle HD 8.9, Kindle Fire, Kindle key, PRS-600BC, PocketBook IQ,
Question date of adding book to my library is incorrect

Sometime between updating to latest version (I'm using 1.20), when I add books to my calibre library, the books show the date I add them as 3 Jan 2013 (always that date) and not the current date (see attch).
I can fix by editing the metadata but it's tiresome for each and every book I add. Am I, or have I, done something incorrect?
Would really appreciate any help or advice - thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	237
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	118177  
judet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 03:21 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I would check that the date on your PC is correct! I cannot think off-hand what will cause a change in behaviour like you describe to happen.

Having said that, if the books originate from a different Calibre library and a .opf file is present that contains that metadata field, then you might see the date they were added to that library. However that should not apply to new books.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2014, 12:47 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by judet View Post
Sometime between updating to latest version (I'm using 1.20), when I add books to my calibre library, the books show the date I add them as 3 Jan 2013 (always that date) and not the current date (see attch).
I can fix by editing the metadata but it's tiresome for each and every book I add. Am I, or have I, done something incorrect?
Would really appreciate any help or advice - thanks
Also check you have the correct timezone set for your locale (this can account for a 1 day shift in some cases)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adding, calibre, date, metadata