Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 08-09-2007, 12:33 PM   #1
xiaoshasha
xiaoshasha began at the beginning.

Device: HP laptop
XD card got stuck in my laptop media card reader

This is urgent and really appreciate any reasonable solutions. NOt sure if anybody has the same bad experience. The media slot in my HP laptop is not intuitively design and I didn't use xd card before so after I insert the card wrong I cannot take it out. Help please!
xiaoshasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 02:13 PM   #2
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Flat face tweezers. "L" hooks. Needle nose pliers. Those are the best tools.
Worst case scenario, unscrew the side face plate to get at the insides. If you had to push the card in with some force, you might have to remove the flash card socket.
Good luck
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2007, 04:00 PM   #3
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
There was a post about this happening when the wrong size card was put into a Sony Reader, when those first went on sale. The gal that did it also came up with a really clever solution. I'll update this post with the link if I find it.

Wait, here it is... tekchic solved it...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7927
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 04:46 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Another good method is to attach a piece of sticky tape, stick side upwards, to a thin piece of card, stick that in the memory card slot, and "hook" the card and pull it out.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 04:34 PM   #5
ATGardner
ATGardner began at the beginning.

Device: lenovo 3000 n100
Phew, thanks!

I thought it was stuck in there too far, and the cellotape wouldn't be strong enough to pull it out, but it worked!

So thanks again for your tips - I just used a thinly cut bit of bussiness card with cellotape on it, to pull out my XD card from my Lenovo 3000 n100 card reader, so if anyone will have a similar problem - try this one out.
ATGardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2007, 04:14 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Glad it worked.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote