Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-01-2011, 10:50 AM   #1
HopelessManu
HopelessManu began at the beginning.

Device: none
MultiLevel TOC Sigil

Hi everybody!
Let's say I've created quite a good epub from InDesign, fixing things with Dreamweaver. Now: the TOC on the left is not as I expected. I'm just too bad to manually change the TOC in, e.g., TextEditor, but luckily enough I've just discovered Sigil!
It allows me to change the voices, eliminate some of them... BUT WHAT ABOUT TRANSFORMING A 1st LEVEL VOICE INTO A 2nd LEVEL ONE?

Please help soon!
HopelessManu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 11:21 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopelessManu View Post
Hi everybody!
Let's say I've created quite a good epub from InDesign, fixing things with Dreamweaver. Now: the TOC on the left is not as I expected. I'm just too bad to manually change the TOC in, e.g., TextEditor, but luckily enough I've just discovered Sigil!
It allows me to change the voices, eliminate some of them... BUT WHAT ABOUT TRANSFORMING A 1st LEVEL VOICE INTO A 2nd LEVEL ONE?

Please help soon!
Voice? Translates as "Heading"?

In Sigil. Place the cursor on the line with the heading (Notice the Style box switched from 'Normal' to 'Heading1' )
Simply change(pull down) that to 'Heading 2'

Do NOT highlight text,
Just place the cursor on the same line.
These styles and Justification apply to entire 'paragraphs' that terminate with a non-visible end-of-line character (in CV)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2011, 11:27 AM   #3
huebi
Zealot
huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

<h1> is for first level, <h2> for second level down to level 6.

If you want to change <h2> into <h3> use the following regex:

search:
Code:
<h2(.*>)(.*)</h2>
replace:
Code:
<h3\1>\2</h3>
options: minimal matching, search in all html files

but be careful: if you want to change now all old h3 to h4 you cant cause you have now new h3 which will be converted to. So you have to start at the bottom going to the top when changing the levels in more then one hierarchy.
huebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 12:07 PM   #4
HopelessManu

yes, "heading", sorry!
Mmm... Let me give you an example: I have a cover (an image) and an abstract (without the title "Abstract", just plain text). COVER must be level 1 in the TOC, ABSTRACT level 2.
If I put the cursor on the abstract and give it "heading 2", it changes format! But I don't want that!
Old 01-01-2011, 12:59 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
yes, "heading", sorry!
Mmm... Let me give you an example: I have a cover (an image) and an abstract (without the title "Abstract", just plain text). COVER must be level 1 in the TOC, ABSTRACT level 2.
If I put the cursor on the abstract and give it "heading 2", it changes format! But I don't want that!

It chnges size

OK, time to hit the stylesheet and overide the size

Add/paste at the top (outside any other selectors)
Code:
 h2 { font-size: 150%}
Adjust percentage to suite. Affects ALL h2 tags
Advert
Old 01-01-2011, 01:04 PM   #6
HopelessManu

I see... Correct me if I'm wrong: I could make my TOC with sigil, then go back to the CSS and change the size.
Would it be difficult to open ONLY the TOC with Sigil and changing it manually?
Old 01-01-2011, 01:47 PM   #7
huebi
Zealot
huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

No, the TOC is derived from the <hx> elements.
huebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 04:11 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
I see... Correct me if I'm wrong: I could make my TOC with sigil, then go back to the CSS and change the size.
Would it be difficult to open ONLY the TOC with Sigil and changing it manually?
Huebi has it.
You can modify the CSS at any time, it does not change the document other than appeaence.
Bigger,Smaller, Bold, Underline can all be (and should be if it affects more than 1 page. Now you change in one place) done via the CSS.
No, I am not saying that you MUST, just that it is a neat and elegant solution.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:35 PM   #9
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Well, CSS can change only the appearance but that includes making the text invisible.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:03 PM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
... includes making the text invisible.
Nasty