Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-11-2013, 10:17 AM   #1
GOROW
GOROW is a marvel to beholdGOROW is a marvel to beholdGOROW is a marvel to beholdGOROW is a marvel to beholdGOROW is a marvel to beholdGOROW is a marvel to beholdGOROW is a marvel to beholdGOROW is a marvel to beholdGOROW is a marvel to beholdGOROW is a marvel to beholdGOROW is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo touch
Question Want to use RegEX in Book-View

Hello all,
I tried to use RegEx in BookView, but Sigil allways Switches to CodeView. Is there a way to avoid this?
Or does Find with RegEx only work in Code-mode?

Thanks für help
GOROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:40 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOROW View Post
Hello all,
I tried to use RegEx in BookView, but Sigil allways Switches to CodeView. Is there a way to avoid this?
Or does Find with RegEx only work in Code-mode?

Thanks für help
I believe it will stay in BV if the Mode is 'Current File'
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:40 PM   #3
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Really? I thought it would always switch to CV.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 03:13 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Really? I thought it would always switch to CV.
Really
TESTED
only works if you set CURRENT FILE
Old 10-11-2013, 04:34 PM   #5
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Cool! Learned something again!
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:38 PM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I would recommend extreme caution in doing much in the way of replacement in Book View. And by much, I mean, of course, any.

There's a reason BV F&R went bye-bye. Mostly because of the high probability of stuff getting broken.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:54 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I would recommend extreme caution in doing much in the way of replacement in Book View. And by much, I mean, of course, any.

There's a reason BV F&R went bye-bye. Mostly because of the high probability of stuff getting broken.
Yes!
I would recommend using it to fix spelling/word errors without format shift.
Removing all characters inside a tag, will still leave a tag behind the scenes

BV is good for a FIND, but you really are better off doing replace in CV where you see what all gets hit
Old 10-12-2013, 05:54 AM   #8
GOROW
GOROW is a marvel to beholdGOROW is a marvel to beholdGOROW is a marvel to beholdGOROW is a marvel to beholdGOROW is a marvel to beholdGOROW is a marvel to beholdGOROW is a marvel to beholdGOROW is a marvel to beholdGOROW is a marvel to beholdGOROW is a marvel to beholdGOROW is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo touch
Dear Community, thanks a lot. Current File works fine.
If I change contents of an Epub I allways create a working copy.
GOROW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bookview rexex