Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-13-2017, 04:11 AM   #16
e.a.c
seeker
e.a.c began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage KV9013 FW5.8.11
Smile

1st try to recover:
- I've canceled the fake registration

Now I could say I have all that I've need: homescreen deactivated, an unregistered Kindle, the last fw and, a useful function - I can read my books on it

But why so?
I've re-registered, so once again, that annoying error when I'm trying to open any of my books (both mobi and azw3), is there:
"An error occurred. If you purchased this item from Amazon, delete the item and download it from the Cloud."

2nd try to recover:
- I've disabled Whispersync for Books
Menu -> Settings -> Device Options -> Advanced Options

The result: I can open AZW3 files, but still can't open mobi...

One step at a time... I'll keep you posted.
At least for the reason that I've understood that I'm through the less, having 5.8.11 with all the goodies from here.

Misc
From time to time, KUAL give 2 errors at start:
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	139
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	159980
(nothing new, it's in the FAQ)

and after that, one more:
Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	152
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	159981

Giving CLOSE and CANCEL, I saved my KV from restarting and got KUAL to start. After the 2nd error KUAL starts.
Once started, I can start it again later, without any problem, but... in a while, the error(s) show up again.
I've used Purge menu cache, but no help. Sooner or later, the error is UP.
It's a known behave, as I've seen.
I'll try to install GNU Awk.
...and I'll be back

All the best!

Last edited by e.a.c; 11-13-2017 at 05:42 AM. Reason: to tell everybody I've discovered the wheel!
e.a.c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 04:14 AM   #17
e.a.c
seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by theol0403 View Post
If you look up how to fake register your kindle, it is here on this forum, from recent to a while ago. Something to do with modifying a system file or using a Amazon redirection proxy. Good luck.
Thanks my friend.
If you'll look my post above yours, I've said that that is what I've did - a fake registration.

But for now, this is giving me another little troubles, I'm digging to push them away.

All the best!
Advert
Old 11-13-2017, 06:54 AM   #18
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by e.a.c View Post
Thanks my friend.
If you'll look my post above yours, I've said that that is what I've did - a fake registration.

But for now, this is giving me another little troubles, I'm digging to push them away.

All the best!
The file format or contents might have changed again.
Talk someone into posting the current file used in that firmware version.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:52 AM   #19
e.a.c
seeker

Well, I've just lost even this possibility, to be the only one that is facing this "mobi thing".
There was always somebody before you

So yes, unregistered, I can open mobi, but no, I'm not able to open them, when I'm registered.
At least, not yet.

For the moment, I'll convert all to azw3. It'll not be a big issue.
But I'll keep looking to what happen with Calibre + mobi + Kindle
AND, keep in mind that I have to have Whispersync for Books disabled.
I must admit, my mind is not opened wide enough to understand why is this. I've just noticed the results of the various settings.

And BTW, KUAL is even nicer with gawk

All the best!
Old 11-13-2017, 09:07 AM   #20
ivegotkindle
ivegotkindle began at the beginning.

Device: KT3 5.8.10
Quote:
Well, I've just lost even this possibility, to be the only one that is facing this "mobi thing".
There was always somebody before you

So yes, unregistered, I can open mobi, but no, I'm not able to open them, when I'm registered.
At least, not yet.

For the moment, I'll convert all to azw3. It'll not be a big issue.
But I'll keep looking to what happen with Calibre + mobi + Kindle
AND, keep in mind that I have to have Whispersync for Books disabled.
I must admit, my mind is not opened wide enough to understand why is this. I've just noticed the results of the various settings.

And BTW, KUAL is even nicer with gawk

All the best!
If the issue is just opening mobi on Kindle, I think KPVBooklet coupled with KOReader will do, if can stand its UI that is.

Last edited by ivegotkindle; 11-13-2017 at 09:14 AM.
ivegotkindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2017, 09:19 AM   #21
e.a.c
seeker

OK guys, so thanks to our colleagues, in the order they gave me the info, but I was too stupid to see it:
- @bt4wang (thanks man!) for the original info;
- @knc1 (thanks man!) who told me to look carefully through the posts of this thread;
- @ivegotkindle (thanks man!), who finnaly open wide my eyes to see that I have missed to add this damn line in my reginfo:
userId=amzn1.account.XXXXXX

So now I have everything working like I've wanted to:
- no homescreen, just My Library
- open all book formats I have
- no need to disable Whispersync for Books, for AZW3 to be read

As a conclusion, if I would was smart enough, this thread should had just a couple of posts.

Thanks again everybody!

This thread could be closed.

PS
With all the restarts and KUAL and SSH and stuff, since I've put gawk, I have not a single glitch from KUAL. It worked simply smooth.
Old 11-15-2017, 11:07 AM   #22
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
OK guys, so thanks to our colleagues, in the order they gave me the info, but I was too stupid to see it:
- @bt4wang (thanks man!) for the original info;
- @knc1 (thanks man!) who told me to look carefully through the posts of this thread;
- @ivegotkindle (thanks man!), who finnaly open wide my eyes to see that I have missed to add this damn line in my reginfo:
userId=amzn1.account.XXXXXX

So now I have everything working like I've wanted to:
- no homescreen, just My Library
- open all book formats I have
- no need to disable Whispersync for Books, for AZW3 to be read

As a conclusion, if I would was smart enough, this thread should had just a couple of posts.

Thanks again everybody!

This thread could be closed.

PS
With all the restarts and KUAL and SSH and stuff, since I've put gawk, I have not a single glitch from KUAL. It worked simply smooth.
We don't close threads here in case others come in with the same problem.
*Now SPAM threads can disappear.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote