Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-22-2017, 06:26 AM   #16
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
This one is a definite contender for worst novelty Christmas song of all time:

issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 06:48 AM   #17
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
This one is a definite contender for worst novelty Christmas song of all time:
Yep - totally agree!
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 08:50 PM   #18
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Jimmy Durante, Frosty the Snowman.
Old 12-09-2017, 12:54 AM   #19
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

All country/redneck Christmas songs
Old 12-09-2017, 01:06 AM   #20
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Anything by the following artists:
  • Kenny G
  • Mchael Buble
  • Barry Manilow
  • Bruce Springsteen
Old 12-09-2017, 04:04 AM   #21
timebug
Ancient Sage
timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Reader
Joe Dolce 'Shaddup Your Face' has to be the one?
timebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 02:53 PM   #22
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6

"Here Comes Fatty Claus" -- by Rudolph & Gang
(Warning: contains some indelicate language)

BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 03:06 PM   #23
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
I like most Christmas songs except for the Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer thing.

However growing up in Atlanta they used to play some cloyingly sentimental stuff. I haven't heard these on the air for years, but John Waters put them on his Christmas Album, which of course I bought immediately.

The Waters album has a few pretty good unironic songs too.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 08:51 PM   #24
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

OK, it's not my most hated and there are good versions out there, but this makes me crazy. A verse from, Do You Hear What I Hear?:

Quote:
A child, a child, shivers in the cold;
We will bring him silver and gold.
Every time I hear this, I think, "Why not bring him a blanket?" Because it's just stupid. The lyricist needed to try a little harder.
Old 12-15-2017, 08:57 PM   #25
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
OK, it's not my most hated and there are good versions out there, but this makes me crazy. A verse from, Do You Hear What I Hear?:

Every time I hear this, I think, "Why not bring him a blanket?" Because it's just stupid. The lyricist needed to try a little harder.
Agreeing. I guess the silver and gold is to buy him a blanket. Either that or the lyricist got mixed up on the three wise men. Looking at the lyrics, that wouldn't be a star but a comet.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 09:00 PM   #26
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Am I the only one who remembers this one? (sorry, I haven't figured out how to put the video into a post)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DhFDV_GYE8
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 09:27 PM   #27
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
Am I the only one who remembers this one? (sorry, I haven't figured out how to put the video into a post)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DhFDV_GYE8
You are cruel and evil and shouldn't even get a lump of coal in your stocking.
That made the Chipmunks sound good.

You put the entire album.
Old 12-15-2017, 10:26 PM   #28
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
You are cruel and evil and shouldn't even get a lump of coal in your stocking.
That made the Chipmunks sound good.

You put the entire album.
You can stop listening at any point
Old 12-15-2017, 10:30 PM   #29
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
You can stop listening at any point
I made it to 1 minute 13 seconds.
Old 12-15-2017, 10:37 PM   #30
4691mls
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
I made it to 1 minute 13 seconds.
I'm not sure I made it as far as you did! The posts about Chipmunks above reminded me of hearing the squirrel song in my youth. I didn't remember anything but the chorus. I guess my brain blocked the rest