Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-26-2017, 09:58 AM   #16
mjprabakar
mjprabakar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3 (7thgen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
What happened when you tried your PowerShell script?
Any idea on your mind ?
mjprabakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2017, 11:58 AM   #17
knc1
Analog Forever!
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjprabakar View Post
Any idea on your mind ?
Serial port or trade it in on a new one.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 01:34 PM   #18
mjprabakar

Quote:
The micro 1v8 from jim.sh seems to be out of stock in amzaon. Any suggestions with link to buy?
Old 10-26-2017, 02:16 PM   #19
mjprabakar

Quote:
I have configured Ubuntu in my win10 using virtual box. Is there any trick to do the factory reset in linux or usb debug sort of thing ?? I don't have the serial connector yet with me. Any suggestion ?
Old 10-26-2017, 04:52 PM   #20
coplate
Fanatic
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
Quote:
The micro 1v8 from jim.sh seems to be out of stock in amzaon. Any suggestions with link to buy?
jim.sh has made a new version that I linked to here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=277

That thread is where you will find the other devices people have bought as well.
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 11:03 PM   #21
mjprabakar

Quote:
Finally the serial TTY adapter has reached me.

can you or someone will be kind enough to help me with the steps i need to do after connecting the kindle to the serial input, please ?

I dont want to screw my kindle.
Old 11-18-2017, 12:29 AM   #22
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:

can you or someone will be kind enough to help me with the steps i need to do after connecting the kindle to the serial input, please ?

Here you go.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=267541
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 01:08 AM   #23
coplate
Fanatic
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
Quote:

I think your kindle was on some sort of repair screen, so the first thing you want to do is just see if it has any logs.

Follow the link cinisajoy linked, to learn how to hook up the cable, and then use the program on the computer to look at the logs.

Your first step is probably to go ahead and hook everything up, and then try to do a reboot of your kindle by holding down the power button.

Then report back here with any information you get from the logging program.
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 08:58 PM   #24
ivegotkindle
ivegotkindle began at the beginning.

Device: KT3 5.8.10
Read this one https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=290861

If that is your problem, maybe he can provide you a fw with battery check bypassed
ivegotkindle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle, kindle pw3