Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-20-2018, 06:03 AM   #1
Gergely
Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Reading comments in Calibre reader

I have imported annotations from my Kobo Aura H2O reader with the Annotations plugin. It said that it had imported them as comments. Then it started the builtin epub reader but it did not show these comments and I could not find any icon on the left bar that would make it to do so.

I have searched the full Calibre documentation pdf for "comment" but in vain.

How can I display comments in an epub file using Calibre reader?
Gergely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 06:17 AM   #2
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gergely View Post
I have imported annotations from my Kobo Aura H2O reader with the Annotations plugin. It said that it had imported them as comments. Then it started the builtin epub reader but it did not show these comments and I could not find any icon on the left bar that would make it to do so.

I have searched the full Calibre documentation pdf for "comment" but in vain.

How can I display comments in an epub file using Calibre reader?
"Comments" is the column in the library, you cannot show them inside the epub.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2018, 06:29 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
@Gergely: The Annotations plugin doesn't make any changes to the book. It fetches the annotations from the supported devices and puts a formatted copy of them in a column in the calibre library. I have no intention to change this as it would be impossible to do for some of the sources. When better annotation support is added to the calibre viewer, I will look at using that, but that is still some time off.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 08:55 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
If the Annotations are in the standard Comments column you could get them into the EPUB (in an eye-ballable form) using the Polish Book tool with the Add/replace metadata as a "book jacket" page option checked.

If they're in a custom column, you will have to create a resources override for the 'jacket' HTML and CSS files, see ==>> Overriding icons, templates, et cetera

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 10:14 AM   #5
Gergely
Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
BetterRed, I did use the Polish Book tool with add/replace metadata as a "book jacket" but I do not see any highlighting in my ebook. What should I pay attention for?
Gergely is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2018, 03:06 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gergely View Post
BetterRed, I did use the Polish Book tool with add/replace metadata as a "book jacket" but I do not see any highlighting in my ebook. What should I pay attention for?
There is no way to copy the highlighting into your epub so that the calibre book viewer will show it as highlights inside the epub. What you are doing is adding the comments to the epub as an additional text file located at the start of the epub.

To quote the calibre tips and tricks page:

Add metadata as book jacket page:

This allows you to add a book jacket containing all the metadata you added under "Edit Metadata" in calibre, including title, author, publisher, tags, comments, rating, series information etc. The book jacket page is always the very first page and precedes the cover page if there is one.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annotations, calibre, epub