Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-10-2014, 09:29 AM   #1
crowt999
DeanKoz
crowt999 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Kindle Keyboard (wifi/3G) unable to register

Hello all.. I've been on the phone with Amazon too many times to count, and here is a short story of the issue. Amazon removed my kindle registration during a cleanup of my MP3 authorized devices... I had not used the reader in a while, and just this weekend noticed that it was no longer registered to me. So when I tried to re-register it, I got a message that the kindle could not connect at this time.. (Even though the WIFI signal was fine) I also noticed that my Kindle would no longer connect to the 3G signal as a default. So after some research - i suspected that my kindle was blacklisted, and I tried to have Amazon remove it from the list. That did not work either. I've performed several factory resets, and still cannot get the 3G to work or the kindle to register to my account. I even tried to ENABLE_DIAGS on the device, and run the WAN test, but that test failed - with an error message & said the WAN could not be powered on. Anyone else seen this type of issue?

So my first question:
I am running software version (3.4), and would like to try a prior version to see if that fixes the problem - Is there a way to install a prior version ?

Second Question:
If I jailbreak the device, what (if any) utilities can I use to try and get the kindle registered again? I don't necessarily need 3G, but I think that has something to do with the fact that I cannot register it in the first place

any would be appreciated - will be glad to send any diagnostic information that would help...

Dean
crowt999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:01 AM   #2
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
I don't know if it would work, but you could get the SN off a K3 that is broken beyond all repair and use it on yours. to change it you'ed have to go in diags..
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2014, 11:04 AM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
And you won't find any help to do that here. Check the forum & subforum guidelines, and the nice locked icon on the last thread that asked this kind of stuff .

TL;DR: If it's blacklisted, it's blacklisted.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:05 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Amazon should be able to tell you immediately whether or not your Kindle is blacklisted from its serial number. But why would it be blacklisted now if it wasn't before? Amazon don't blacklist a device unless it's been reported lost or stolen, or unless it's a faulty device that they've sent out a replacement for.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:10 AM   #5
crowt999
DeanKoz

I'm not looking to do anything illegal.. Just want to get the thing registered properly. I bought it brand new, its out of warranty, and they removed it from my account in error. That is why i'm suspecting they could have blacklisted it... Also - has anyone had a similar problem trying to get the WAN to turn on.? the 611 page says "WAN info not available at this time"
Advert
Old 06-10-2014, 11:12 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

As I said in my previous post, Amazon will be able to tell you immediately whether or not it's blacklisted if you give them the serial number. It's a routine enquiry for them.
Old 06-10-2014, 11:13 AM   #7
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowt999 View Post
Hello all.. I've been on the phone with Amazon too many times to count, and here is a short story of the issue. Amazon removed my kindle registration during a cleanup of my MP3 authorized devices... I had not used the reader in a while, and just this weekend noticed that it was no longer registered to me. So when I tried to re-register it, I got a message that the kindle could not connect at this time.. (Even though the WIFI signal was fine) I also noticed that my Kindle would no longer connect to the 3G signal as a default.

So after some research - i suspected that my kindle was blacklisted, and I tried to have Amazon remove it from the list.

That did not work either. I've performed several factory resets, and still cannot get the 3G to work or the kindle to register to my account.

I even tried to ENABLE_DIAGS on the device, and run the WAN test, but that test failed - with an error message & said the WAN could not be powered on.

Anyone else seen this type of issue?

So my first question:
I am running software version (3.4), and would like to try a prior version to see if that fixes the problem - Is there a way to install a prior version ?

Second Question:
If I jailbreak the device, what (if any) utilities can I use to try and get the kindle registered again? I don't necessarily need 3G, but I think that has something to do with the fact that I cannot register it in the first place

any would be appreciated - will be glad to send any diagnostic information that would help...

Dean
*) Yup - your device is blacklisted.
That: "I tried to have Amazon..." is not very specific, it is a very large company.
If you meant customer service - they do not have access permission to change the blacklistings.
You need to go up, much higher, in the corporate food-chain,

*) Factory resets will not fix this problem, it is an Amazon database entry (@Amazon).

*) A mis-leading error message.

*) Yes, other people have seen it.
And some (at least one) have gotten it cleared up.
It happened to twobob (in England) and he was able to get it removed from the blacklist. Although it took "legal action" (I have no other details).

*a) No, a different firmware version will not change anything.
*b) Not easily. Check our threads on recovering a K3 device.

*) None.
You can't change the Amazon end of things from the Kindle.
There are threads here about getting the WiFi to work on an un-registered device.
But that only allows you to use the WiFi to access your own access point.
Not to use the "Free WiFi" feature of the Amazon network.

- - - -

Your best bet -
Put together your best story -
Call customer service -
Read it to them -
When they say: "Can't do that" -
Ask to speak to their supervisor (superior, manager, boss, ...) -
Repeat this loop as required until you get high enough in the food-chain.

If (when) that fails - start writing.
Depending on country (and perhaps area of the country) will determine to whom you start writing.

Your complaint: "Not receiving services that where purchased."
Quote above telcomm history and story.

In the USA, this sort of thing is handled by State agencies.
In Texas, USA the: "Public Utility Commission; Consumer Protection Division".

(I know, I just had to go this route to get my local, tel-co provided, aDSL line service working properly.
Once the Texas PUC started holding a match to their license to do business in Texas - the tel-co got things fixed in a really big hurry.)
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:39 AM   #8
crowt999
DeanKoz

@knc1... thanks for the advice and I will be following up with Amazon...

Down into the abyss i go....
Old 05-23-2017, 01:49 AM   #9
Jonathanmagic
Jonathanmagic began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX gen 2 free 3g
Lightbulb I found the fix :))

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowt999 View Post
Hello all.. I've been on the phone with Amazon too many times to count, and here is a short story of the issue. Amazon removed my kindle registration during a cleanup of my MP3 authorized devices... I had not used the reader in a while, and just this weekend noticed that it was no longer registered to me. So when I tried to re-register it, I got a message that the kindle could not connect at this time.. (Even though the WIFI signal was fine) I also noticed that my Kindle would no longer connect to the 3G signal as a default. So after some research - i suspected that my kindle was blacklisted, and I tried to have Amazon remove it from the list. That did not work either. I've performed several factory resets, and still cannot get the 3G to work or the kindle to register to my account. I even tried to ENABLE_DIAGS on the device, and run the WAN test, but that test failed - with an error message & said the WAN could not be powered on. Anyone else seen this type of issue?

So my first question:

Second Question:

Dean
Click this link click your device download the latest software and the magic that made it work is SERVICE UPDATE that fixes the 3G issue and just plug the kindle in your pc drag and drop press update and bam worked.

I dragged the update first then after it updated dragged the service update

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...5517628&sr=1-1

Lolnbegire the kindle store said it wouldn't work and it was because of hardware damage and offered a 20% discount but lucky one staff after 2 days trying told me to download the service/network update super hard to find please share
Jonathanmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 02:24 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

This will NOT help with a blacklisted Kindle. Do you seriously think that the original poster will have the slightest interest in your reply THREE YEARS after asking the question? Please don't ignore the prominent warning that you're posting to an old thread - it's there for a good reason.