Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-12-2013, 05:11 AM   #46
piper10
piper10 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.piper10 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.piper10 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.piper10 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle 2, iPad, PW2
I gave away my Kindle Fire when I got an iPad, and I've given away my PW1 now that I have the PW2. But throughout, I've hung on to my Kindle2 -- it doesn't have wifi, so when I borrow an ebook from my local library, they can't take it away until I'm ready to let go of the book. I'll probably *always* have 2 Kindles, or at least as long as my 2nd gen. survives.
piper10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 03:29 PM   #47
baggyrinkle
Early Adoptor
baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kindle3 Kindle4 Kindle Fire Kindle PW2
Should you own two Kindles?

Of course, you should. The more gadgets you have when you die the more karma and stars in your crown in the afterlife. I have three not counting my Fire.
baggyrinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2013, 04:56 PM   #48
fearindex
Addict
fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by baggyrinkle View Post
No.

You should own more.
fearindex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:20 AM   #49
Dee Q
Born Yesterday
Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 2 & 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by baggyrinkle View Post

Of course, you should. The more gadgets you have when you die the more karma and stars in your crown in the afterlife. I have three not counting my Fire.
Haha, this one is so funny.

Guys, guys, I've got my Basic. Love it! And next Tuesday PaperWhite will be in my welcoming arms.
Dee Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 05:03 PM   #50
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Why not buy a stylus? Just bring your unit with you to the store and find what works for you. Keeps your screen oil free. I have a relative who does this because she uses this thick, icky cream on her hands due to a skin issue, and didn't want to continuously clean the screen.

I have 2 kindles (and 2 nooks) and honestly, there aren't real advantages for the average person. I keep one in my purse because I drive people to medical appointments and never want to forget something to read. This one also gets lent out sometimes for a family member to read. At that point, I put my Nook into my purse. It's not really been a problem since Calibre converts so easily.
Tarana is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2013, 11:56 PM   #51
alicepattinson
Banned
alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Q View Post
The thing is that my OCD will kill me if 'her' screen gets dirty because of being...you know... touched too much, especially when my hands are a bit unclean or sweaty.
You can buy a screen protector anytime and buy a fiber cloth and use it to clean the screen if you think it's already dirty
alicepattinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:19 AM   #52
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicepattinson View Post
You can buy a screen protector anytime and buy a fiber cloth and use it to clean the screen if you think it's already dirty
That's a "microfiber" cloth. All cloths are made of fiber.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:54 PM   #53
Polyphemus
I am not The Stig
Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK-3g; PRS-350; Galaxy Tab 7.0+; Galaxy Tab 3 10.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That's a "microfiber" cloth. All cloths are made of fiber.
That sounds similar to Mr. Clarkson explaining the obvious to Mr. May and Mr. Hammond.

Polyphemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:48 PM   #54
NickyWithNook
Guru
NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite (Don't use Nook anymore)
Fingerprints really bug me on my iPad. I'm constantly wiping it off. But fingerprints don't show up on the Kindle. I guess they would if your fingers were really dirty, but it isn't like the iPad where even clean fingers leave smudges.

I gave my K4 to a friend when I got my Paperwhite. I prefer the Paperwhite enough that I know I won't use it again. I prefer to spread the ereader love.
NickyWithNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:21 AM   #55
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyphemus View Post
That sounds similar to Mr. Clarkson explaining the obvious to Mr. May and Mr. Hammond.
Well, no, with respect it is an important distinction. It's the "microfiber" part of it that's important. A Google search for a "fiber cloth" won't get you very far, other than to give you enormous numbers of references to glass fiber, carbon fiber, and every other type of fiber you've ever (or never) heard of.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote