Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-16-2013, 10:06 AM   #1
Bobioden
Connoisseur
Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: iPad rMini
Cover View

What happened to the Cover view option? The button along the bottom when you push it does nothing. I miss seeing my books along the top.

I am talking about the button between the tag Browser, and Hide Book Details.

I am running the latest version 0.9.44

Thanks Bob
Bobioden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:22 AM   #2
Bobioden
Connoisseur
Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Two other things.

I do not ever use the Tag Browser option, so it is always unchecked. But now with the latest release the tag browser is always checked when I open Calibre. I also have to re-size the screen every time. It opens with a very small screen off to the side.

How can I go back to a earlier version?
Advert
Old 08-16-2013, 10:44 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Your install may be corrupted as I do not have any problem displaying
The Cover browser (or Grid view) on XP SP3
Restarting Calibre 0.9.44 also honors the last state of any of those buttons.

If a fresh install (your library is not removed on uninstalls or installs),
you probably have a damaged gui configuration file.

Kovid may have a way to repair that does not lose you placement settings.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:17 PM   #4
Bobioden
Connoisseur

I found a version of 0.9.43 and have no problems with it.

I deleted 0.9.44, re-downloaded it and installed it. Same problems. Cover view button does not work, I will uncheck the tag brower, and when I re-open the program, it is checked again, and I have to resize the screen.

I guess I will stick with 0.9.33.
Old 08-16-2013, 11:37 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@Boboiden: Run calibre in debug mode (right click preferences and choose restart in debug mode) and post the debug log from running 0.9.44
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2013, 12:47 AM   #6
Bobioden
Connoisseur

Little confused here. When I hit the Restart in debug mode, calibre shuts down and does not restart.

Where do I find the file?

I am on a Mac running 10.8.4
Old 08-17-2013, 12:51 AM   #7
Bobioden
Connoisseur

Is this it?

Last edited by Bobioden; 08-17-2013 at 05:08 AM.
Old 08-17-2013, 01:33 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No, you can also get it by running console.app and posting any output you see when starting calibre.
Old 08-17-2013, 05:10 AM   #9
Bobioden
Connoisseur

Why does it not restart in debug mode? When I click that option it just shuts down and does nothing.

Last edited by Bobioden; 08-17-2013 at 05:15 AM.
Old 08-17-2013, 05:19 AM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Why do you expect me to magically know what's happening on your computer?
Old 08-17-2013, 09:01 AM   #11
Bobioden
Connoisseur

I didn't expect you too. I just didn't know what was supposed to happen when you go go into debug mode. I will just go back to 0.9.43 and be done with it. Sorry I asked.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:14 AM   #12
Bobioden
Connoisseur

Problem was fixed following this thread. I am glad I wasn't the only one having these issues.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=220301
Old 08-17-2013, 09:19 AM   #13
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobioden View Post
I didn't expect you too. I just didn't know what was supposed to happen when you go go into debug mode. I will just go back to 0.9.43 and be done with it. Sorry I asked.
Calibre runs on 3 different OS, that have more than 3 sets of quirks.

How are we to guess which OS, what version and what other software (usually security stuff) you have?

There is another thread today ,with a MAC, that just got the 'How to get the Log' instructions. (That thread also kept the system config secret for many posts ). Once the Log was submitted, Kovid identified the glitch, suggested a work-around till next release.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:24 AM   #14
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
How are we to guess which OS, what version and what other software (usually security stuff) you have?

There is another thread today ,with a MAC, that just got the 'How to get the Log' instructions. (That thread also kept the system config secret for many posts ).
For varying values of "many posts" that include "the first post, with that omission cheerfully fixed in the very next post, while thanking Kovid for his help", sure. There really isn't any need to be so scornful.

Last edited by meeera; 08-17-2013 at 09:58 AM.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote