Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-26-2012, 04:57 AM   #1
Goot
Goot began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
kindle touch screen stuck

Hi,my kindle screen got frozen after i accidently sat knee down on it.im wondering if its spoiled and if anything can be done to repair it.when i turn it on and off,the light still shows.only the screen is stuck at a page.i tried doing a reset holding the powerbutton for awhile,however to no avail.i can charge it and it shows the orangey light.its the kindle touch.i got this as a present and would be really disappointed if it is truly spoilt.

ps:it was hidden under my blanket on my bed and without knowing that it was there,i hopped knee first and heard a slight crack sound..from then on it was stuck on that fateful page..any help is appreciated
Goot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:14 AM   #2
giododa
Connoisseur
giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
I think the screen is broken.
giododa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2012, 05:20 AM   #3
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Several people here (including me) have reported the same problem at various time. It usually turns out to be a broken substratum, which is non-repairable. You might trying contacting Kindle support and asking if they can replace the device, but there's no reason why they should. I was lucky - they replaced mine even though it was out of warranty, but don't count on that in your case.

Mike
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:21 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You've undoubtedly broken the screen substrate - the thin layer of glass that's underneath the outer plastic screen. Phone Kindle CS - this is NOT a warranty repair, but there are many stories of them being nice and offering people either free or heavily-discounted replacements.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote