Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-02-2017, 06:21 PM   #1
runawaydevil
runawaydevil began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Exclamation SOS. Can't connect on facebook or twitter.

I just got my first Kindle (Paperwhite) and there is a small thing worrying me. When I try to link my accounts, twitter or facebook, it gave me an error of authentication. When I use the experimental browser it connects normally.
Is this a current error? Should I trigger the warranty? Or someone here has a solution?

Thanks

runawaydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 06:50 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Have you made sure you are running the current firmware?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 07:01 PM   #3
runawaydevil

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Have you made sure you are running the current firmware?
Yes Bud, I'm. I see some other people with the same problem in Reddit. To be frankly I got my first kindle yesterday, I called amazon already and they don't know what's happening. I don't know if was my bad lucky because Facebook had a upgrade recently on the website and maybe security settings change something.

But I believe it's not that the problem. In the beginning was the twitter and facebook. I was able to access both from the experimental browser inside the kindle but not to link them in settings. I even disable JavaScript restart, enable and restart again and nothing solved the problem. I don't know if was coincidence but I join in the website of amazon and in social settings I linked my twitter there, and after few tries I had success on kindle. But in the guide of Facebook it's impossible to link, when I click on "connect to Facebook" I allow everything in the pop up and so I give a f5 on the page and the Facebook is still not linked even in the website. But it installs an App on Facebook, what is strange for me. In the truth I have no more ideas about what to do.

If someone that uses paperwhite has the same problem or solution, please
Old 04-02-2017, 08:25 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
The description of the settings you give do not sound like a "Kindle Paperwhite".

Would you please post (just) the first six characters of your device's serial number and the current firmware version installed.

Both can be found on the "Device Info" panel.

Usually that is at:
Home -> Menu -> Settings -> Menu
(Yes, those are different menus, it is just "the Kindle way". )
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 08:33 PM   #5
runawaydevil

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
The description of the settings you give do not sound like a "Kindle Paperwhite".

Would you please post (just) the first six characters of your device's serial number and the current firmware version installed.

Both can be found on the "Device Info" panel.

Usually that is at:
Home -> Menu -> Settings -> Menu
(Yes, those are different menus, it is just "the Kindle way". )
First 6: G090 G1
firmware: 5.8.8 (3144280022)
Old 04-02-2017, 09:00 PM   #6
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawaydevil View Post
First 6: G090 G1
firmware: 5.8.8 (3144280022)
A new, PW-3

Sorry, I saw "Paperwhite" unqualified and thought the original, not the most recent.

And the most recent firmware version, now running on the PW-2, PW-3, KT-2, KT-3, KV, and KOA
That's a lot of Kindles.

If there was something in general wrong with that firmware version, I would think that Amazon CS would be swamped with complaints.

Is there anything you can think of about your social media accounts that might be causing the trouble?

Sorry, I can't suggest what to check for, I don't use them myself.
Old 04-02-2017, 09:06 PM   #7
runawaydevil

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
A new, PW-3

Sorry, I saw "Paperwhite" unqualified and thought the original, not the most recent.

And the most recent firmware version, now running on the PW-2, PW-3, KT-2, KT-3, KV, and KOA
That's a lot of Kindles.

If there was something in general wrong with that firmware version, I would think that Amazon CS would be swamped with complaints.

Is there anything you can think of about your social media accounts that might be causing the trouble?

Sorry, I can't suggest what to check for, I don't use them myself.

I have a theory, but it's inconsistent yet. I need to link the amazon website to Facebook but this is not working too. As I describe above, twitter worked for me in that way. I may wait for some new update or something like that, but my Hack with the website and twitter works, sadly Facebook is still failing there.

I tried even to put the IP of my kindle in DMZ on my router to try to solve the problem, and still nothing haha

Maybe I got a problematic kindle? And should I trigger the warranty?

I dunno.
Old 04-02-2017, 10:04 PM   #8
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
I have a theory, but it's inconsistent yet. I need to link the amazon website to Facebook but this is not working too. As I describe above, twitter worked for me in that way. I may wait for some new update or something like that, but my Hack with the website and twitter works, sadly Facebook is still failing there.

I tried even to put the IP of my kindle in DMZ on my router to try to solve the problem, and still nothing haha

Maybe I got a problematic kindle? And should I trigger the warranty?

I dunno.
Sounds more like a Facebook problem. Check your privacy settings on Facebook.
But if Facebook is that important: contact Amazon. See what they recommend as that is not a Paperwhite problem.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 10:17 PM   #9
runawaydevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Sounds more like a Facebook problem. Check your privacy settings on Facebook.
But if Facebook is that important: contact Amazon. See what they recommend as that is not a Paperwhite problem.
I will check, but as I told before I needed a hack to link to twitter. The trouble is unknowable yet!
Old 04-02-2017, 11:13 PM   #10
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
I will check, but as I told before I needed a hack to link to twitter. The trouble is unknowable yet!
This is the first time I have heard of this problem.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 01:32 AM   #11
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Those people I know, and they are probably users of the social media features.

Keep looking locally (your social site privacy settings sounds like a good suggestion).

Something like this would cause millions of Kindle users to line up at CS's (electronic) doorway.

You might ask at the social media sites's CS also.
They might have heard of problems from other Kindle users.

Don't wait for another Amazon update for very long, 5.8.8 is only a few weeks old.

Tags
facebook, kindle, paperwhite, twitter