Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-11-2016, 06:10 PM   #16
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Sorry, I got lost. I searched for pocket and calibre, trying to figure out why I couldn't transfer articles from pocket to calibre using the calibre recipes.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 12:27 PM   #17
wakkaday
Groupie
wakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle Oasis
im still struggling even with websites on printview which is pretty much all text, pocket does not save it as an 'article' when i browse via browser or the kobo reader
wakkaday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 01:47 PM   #18
wakkaday
Groupie
wakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by compurandom View Post
There is a calibre recipe to transfer stuff from pocket to the kobo.
There are sevweral variations of it in github as well.

I bookmark stuff on the kobo into pocket all the time to share it with other web browsers, etc..

wahts is the gihub programme for calibre best using to transfer pocket articles to kobo?

how do you bookmark within kobo app? and then you open the pocket on a computer?
Old 05-13-2016, 08:06 PM   #19
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarjaE View Post
Sorry, I got lost. I searched for pocket and calibre, trying to figure out why I couldn't transfer articles from pocket to calibre using the calibre recipes.
I'm not sure what you mean. But, as a starting point, the calibre toolbar probably has an icon for news. It's an "N" with a downward arrow. When you click this, the "Schedule news download" dialog is displayed. The list shows languages. The Pocket recipe is in "Unknown". Expand the category and select it. You will need to enter your username and password. Press the "Dowload now" button to get the articles. Calibre will start a job to fetch the articles into a book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakkaday View Post
im still struggling even with websites on printview which is pretty much all text, pocket does not save it as an 'article' when i browse via browser or the kobo reader
The problem is in how Pocket works. When you add a site to Pocket, they classify it. Anything they think is an "article" will be downloaded to the Kobo devices. I doubt that they treat the printview version differently to the normal view. You need to ask Pocket to change the classification for the site.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 08:44 PM   #20
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
An updated recipe can be found at https://github.com/tbunnyman/ReadItL.../Pocket.recipe
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 05:46 AM   #21
wakkaday
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post

how do i install this in calibre

so i would need a readitlater addon which is linked to pocket i guess

i tried a go yesterday with rss feeds that works kind of ok for the website i am struggling with

although i would like it show the list of contents as the main page when i open the epub, so i can select the article i want to read

thank uoi
Old 06-11-2017, 12:27 PM   #22
Snowalker
Snowalker doesn't litterSnowalker doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Glo
I had the same issue with syncing some Pocket articles to my Kobo Glo. What I ended up doing is creating a HTML5 document on my website, copying the article I want to read on my kobo into my document and adding noindex and nofollow in the meta. Then I went and add my new website page to Pocket. It synced right away - ready to read it on my Kobo. The code looks something like this:
<!doctype html>
<html>
<head>
<META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW">
<meta charset="utf-8">

<title>Original article title</title>
</head>

<body>
<article class="film_review">
<header>
<h2>some subtitle</h2>
</header>
<section class="main_review">
<p>copy of article I want to read</p>
</section>

<footer>
<p>
Posted on
<time datetime="2015-05-15 19:00">May 15</time>
by Staff.
</p>
</footer>
</article>
</body>
</html>
Snowalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 10:04 AM   #23
puffin
puffin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.puffin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.puffin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura N514
Use a simplify webpage service

I solved this problem by using a 'simplify webpage to print' service. Just paste the link of the webpage into https://www.printfriendly.com and then click the 'save to pocket' button on the modified webpage. The nice thing with https://www.printfriendly.com is that it saves the title of the work directly to pocket.
puffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 05:06 AM   #24
dooh
dooh began at the beginning.

Device: kindle voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by puffin View Post
I solved this problem by using a 'simplify webpage to print' service. Just paste the link of the webpage into https://www.printfriendly.com and then click the 'save to pocket' button on the modified webpage. The nice thing with https://www.printfriendly.com is that it saves the title of the work directly to pocket.
Thank you! Works like a charm, easier with extensions(chrome/firefox) too.
dooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 11:10 AM   #25
ProForma
ProForma began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by puffin View Post
Unfortunately, this does not work for paid subscription services like the Wall Street Journal. I am logged into my subscription there and trying to download a few articles to my Forma but they never show up. I tried the option above and it shows a box with only the first couple of paragraphs of the article and a "Sign in to read this" message at the bottom.
ProForma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 03:56 AM   #26
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Sage, Elipsa, Onyx Note2, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Keyboard
Just ran up against this annoyance as well.

Is there a way to complain about this to Pocket? It's totally stupid. The items I've added to the list, they show up in my android app, but for some reason they're not "articles' so they don't show on Kobo. What's the idea behind this? Why is there no manual way to change the classification within the Pocket interface? (Why is the difference there in the first place?)

Isn't there a way to complain about this to the Pocket creators?

[Edit: well, I've submitted a help question about article view. We'll see. Small hopes.]

Last edited by franklekens; 02-22-2019 at 04:00 AM.
franklekens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 05:59 PM   #27
deviantintegral
deviantintegral began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O
It’s not about a classification, but if pocket would extract plain text for an article. I think if you look on your phone it will say that there is no article view available.

One workaround is to save a “printable” or single page version of the article if one is available. The HTML is usually a lot simpler and more likely to parse into an article.
deviantintegral is offline   Reply With Quote