Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-18-2022, 01:04 AM   #46
harmtemolder
Enthusiast
harmtemolder began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 47
Karma: 10
Join Date: Oct 2020
Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by FickleHare View Post
How can I do this "last read" column, or what am I missing? thanks.
I believe KOReader doesn't actually store the last time you read a book. I have added a "Status modified date column", which is the last modified date of the metadata file. What happens If you use that?
harmtemolder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 02:55 AM   #47
Hyphen-ated
-
Hyphen-ated began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 46
Karma: 30
Join Date: Jan 2021
Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by harmtemolder View Post
I believe KOReader doesn't actually store the last time you read a book. I have added a "Status modified date column", which is the last modified date of the metadata file. What happens If you use that?
It looks like "Status modified date column" was added in november 2020 and is documented as:
"A “Date” column to store the date on which the book’s status was last modified. (This is probably the date on which you marked it as read."

This documentation matches the behavior for me, it shows the date the Reading Status was changed, rather than the date the book was last viewed on the device.

The modify date of the metadata file on the device filesystem DOES look like it contains the information we're after, so I think the approach you mentioned should work! I don't see anything in the plugin that reads or exposes it, did you forget to push/release the new code?

Last edited by Hyphen-ated; 03-03-2022 at 02:59 AM.
Hyphen-ated is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2022, 01:23 PM   #48
FickleHare
Junior Member
FickleHare began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 7
Karma: 10
Join Date: Oct 2021
Device: Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by harmtemolder View Post
I have added a "Status modified date column", which is the last modified date of the metadata file. What happens If you use that?
I've configured the "Status Modified Date Column" and made a custom column #KoLastModDate w/ type Date. Marked a few books as finished/read but it doesn't seem to do any sync for this column.

Quote:
"A “Date” column to store the date on which the book's status was last modified. (This is probably the date on which you marked it as read.)"
FickleHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 08:11 AM   #49
harmtemolder
Enthusiast
harmtemolder began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 47
Karma: 10
Join Date: Oct 2020
Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by FickleHare View Post
I've configured the "Status Modified Date Column" and made a custom column #KoLastModDate w/ type Date. Marked a few books as finished/read but it doesn't seem to do any sync for this column.
I've gone through my code from 2020 again, and it reads the date from `summary` > `modified` in the `metadata.epub.lua`. But I'm manually opening a couple from books that I've recently finished, and all of these have an empty string in that field. So it looks like KOReader no longer logs that in the metadata.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyphen-ated View Post
The modify date of the metadata file on the device filesystem DOES look like it contains the information we're after, so I think the approach you mentioned should work! I don't see anything in the plugin that reads or exposes it, did you forget to push/release the new code?
I did not actually change the code to do this. I do remember exploring this in the past, but calibre's `get_file` function only gets its contents, not its creation or modification dates.

If anyone has any idea where to get a "last read" date from, please let me know. Or fork and change the code yourself
harmtemolder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 05:34 AM   #50
kuba
Junior Member
kuba began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 3
Karma: 10
Join Date: May 2022
Device: pw2
This plugin is great. I think I am missing something though. What do I do with the synced data?

I would like to use it to sync the reading progress between devices.
Read on my kindle with koreader, and read the same books on my computer with Calibre. Can the calibre viewer be configured to use the %_read_column synced from koreader?
kuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2022, 02:36 PM   #51
jnikkir
Connoisseur
jnikkir doesn't litterjnikkir doesn't litter
 
Posts: 51
Karma: 198
Join Date: Feb 2022
Device: Kindle PW5/11th Gen
I was hoping to use this plugin to import my highlights into Calibre. Unfortunately the way it saves the imported highlights doesn't make reviewing the highlighted passages very enjoyable/useful to me... What would be ideal is if I could export the highlights as HTML from within KOReader, and then import that HTML into a custom column in Calibre, so it's formatted nicely. Is this possible?
jnikkir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 03:50 PM   #52
Raymen3d3
Junior Member
Raymen3d3 began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 2
Karma: 10
Join Date: Feb 2021
Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5 - PB628
Hey guys!

Thank you for this awesome plugin. Although, there seems to be a problem with my device: PocketBook Touch Lux 5. When I try to sync the data with calibre, nothing happens. No data gets synced, and I don't know what to do. My books are on my SD Card, maybe that's the problem? Anyone got a solution for that? Thank you.
Raymen3d3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 12:22 PM   #53
Huwaetzel
Enthusiast
Huwaetzel began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 33
Karma: 10
Join Date: May 2011
Device: Pocketbook 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymen3d3 View Post
Hey guys!

Thank you for this awesome plugin. Although, there seems to be a problem with my device: PocketBook Touch Lux 5. When I try to sync the data with calibre, nothing happens. No data gets synced, and I don't know what to do. My books are on my SD Card, maybe that's the problem? Anyone got a solution for that? Thank you.
Hi Raymen, see my entry #41. I am facing the same issue. The plugin only works with the books on the main device.
Huwaetzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 03:14 PM   #54
Huwaetzel
Enthusiast
Huwaetzel began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 33
Karma: 10
Join Date: May 2011
Device: Pocketbook 903
Hi harmtemolder. For the newer pocketbook devices a new driver is existing. Devices show up as Pocketbook632. It has some improvements compared to the standard pocketbook driver. Would it be possible to add this "device" to allow the use of your plugin?

Thank you for considering
Huwaetzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 03:18 PM   #55
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 11,728
Karma: 6690881
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Notts, England
Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huwaetzel View Post
Hi harmtemolder. For the newer pocketbook devices a new driver is existing. Devices show up as Pocketbook632. It has some improvements compared to the standard pocketbook driver. Would it be possible to add this "device" to allow the use of your plugin?

Thank you for considering
@Huwaetzel: you are approaching being a spammer, posting the same information in multiple places. Don't do that.

And FYI: it is the writer of a plugin that does the work to offer the plugin to the calibre community, with the implicit commitment to maintain it. "Zisoft" can do that or not, as s/he wishes.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 01:51 AM   #56
Huwaetzel
Enthusiast
Huwaetzel began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 33
Karma: 10
Join Date: May 2011
Device: Pocketbook 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
@Huwaetzel: you are approaching being a spammer, posting the same information in multiple places. Don't do that.

And FYI: it is the writer of a plugin that does the work to offer the plugin to the calibre community, with the implicit commitment to maintain it. "Zisoft" can do that or not, as s/he wishes.
Hi Chaley, the same is true for 2 different plugins, therefore 2 times a similar message. Do not take the messages out of context.
Zisoft was already contacted via Github. What else do you suggest me to do?
Huwaetzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 06:18 AM   #57
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 11,728
Karma: 6690881
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Notts, England
Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huwaetzel View Post
Zisoft was already contacted via Github. What else do you suggest me to do?
Wait for Zisoft to sign up for the work, or take over the software (fork the repository) and do the work yourself. Zisoft could possibly see the second option can be seen as hostile.

EDIT: Or possibly I am misunderstanding you. If you are not asking to have the Zisoft driver added to calibre's plugin scheme then my answer is wrong. It isn't clear to me what you are asking for, but that doesn't matter if it is clear to other people.

Last edited by chaley; 07-20-2022 at 06:21 AM.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 01:16 AM   #58
harmtemolder
Enthusiast
harmtemolder began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 47
Karma: 10
Join Date: Oct 2020
Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnikkir View Post
... What would be ideal is if I could export the highlights as HTML from within KOReader, and then import that HTML into a custom column in Calibre, so it's formatted nicely. Is this possible?
I'm not sure in what format KOReader lets you export highlights, but technically it would be possible to change the way this plugin stores them in Calibre to HTML. I added something similar to this plugin's todo list, but I'm hoping someone else can pick that up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymen3d3 View Post
... Although, there seems to be a problem with my device: PocketBook Touch Lux 5. When I try to sync the data with calibre, nothing happens. No data gets synced, and I don't know what to do. My books are on my SD Card, maybe that's the problem? ...
I've put it on the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huwaetzel View Post
... For the newer pocketbook devices a new driver is existing. Devices show up as Pocketbook632. It has some improvements compared to the standard pocketbook driver. Would it be possible to add this "device" to allow the use of your plugin?
Are you saying this driver already is part of Calibre, but not of this plugin yet? If so, I can add it. That would mean that you get an error saying the device is not supported when you try to sync with the driver name. Could you give me that exact driver name?
harmtemolder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 10:00 AM   #59
Huwaetzel
Enthusiast
Huwaetzel began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 33
Karma: 10
Join Date: May 2011
Device: Pocketbook 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by harmtemolder View Post
Are you saying this driver already is part of Calibre, but not of this plugin yet? If so, I can add it. That would mean that you get an error saying the device is not supported when you try to sync with the driver name. Could you give me that exact driver name?
The driver can be installed as a plugin and when the device is connected it gives a popup "Pocketbook632. Also in your plugin the error message states "type POCKETBOOK632 not yet supported.

I hope that helps and thank you for this very useful plugin
Huwaetzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 06:36 PM   #60
lightmaster
Member
lightmaster began at the beginning.
 
lightmaster's Avatar
 
Posts: 20
Karma: 10
Join Date: Aug 2022
Device: Kindle PW4 10th gen; Kobo Libra 2
Can you add support for the Device type "USER_DEFINED"? I added it as a compatible device type in the plugin I downloaded and it seems to work just fine, capable of finding the metadata and syncing to Calibre.

On a different note, it seems that while Koreader sets the "Summary"=>"Status" metadata when you finish a book, it does not set any status metadata for when you have a book that is currently being read. I thought that something like this might work, but my very rudimentary knowledge of python prevents me from trying it myself: "if 'Summary'=>'Status' doesn't exist, and read progress is >0 and <1, then set 'Summary'=>'Status' to 'in-progress'". This logic would also mean that if Koreader does start setting an in-progress metadata, this plugin won't override it.
lightmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
calibre, koreader

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[GUI Plugin] Goodreads Sync kiwidude Plugins 1719 04-10-2024 08:25 AM
[GUI Plugin] Skoob Sync thiago.eec Plugins 24 02-19-2024 10:20 AM
[GUI Plugin] BookFusion Cloud Sync skillachie Plugins 58 04-29-2023 02:42 AM
[GUI Plugin] KyBook3 Sync - replaced karl1c Plugins 45 04-23-2021 06:33 PM
[Gui Plugin] Cloud Sync kerimlcr Plugins 13 03-06-2018 05:13 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:11 AM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.