Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-13-2021, 10:32 AM   #61
niftium
Junior Member
niftium began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 7
Karma: 10
Join Date: Nov 2015
Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbusnengo View Post
Hmm.. I'm not getting results even for books with a mobi-asin, yet when I go to the site linked in the first post that inspired this plugin, that still works for me.
On the off chance that this is helpful - just this week I've noticed that something has slipped into my blacklists somewhere, apparently in my pi-hole setup, that's blocking both the downloading of metadata through the main interface as well as this plugin. As soon as I disable the pi-hole, everything's fine.
niftium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 02:27 PM   #62
niftium
Junior Member
niftium began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 7
Karma: 10
Join Date: Nov 2015
Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by niftium View Post
On the off chance that this is helpful - just this week I've noticed that something has slipped into my blacklists somewhere, apparently in my pi-hole setup, that's blocking both the downloading of metadata through the main interface as well as this plugin. As soon as I disable the pi-hole, everything's fine.
I haven't the post history necessary to edit/delete my post from earlier, but I've learned a little more. Disabling the Kobo Books plugin completely solved my issues, both with cover downloads and metadata fetching. Why disabling the pi-hole worked a few times, I'm not sure. But I've poked hard at this today and this is what I've learned.
niftium is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2021, 09:25 AM   #63
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
DoctorOhh's Avatar
 
Posts: 9,864
Karma: 13806776
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Carolina
Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
I'm glad this question came up. I thought mine wasn't working. So I took a closer look. I found out if you don't have it installed, it doesn't work.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 02:02 PM   #64
steakhutzeee
Enthusiast
steakhutzeee began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 46
Karma: 10
Join Date: Mar 2020
Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4 (2018)
Hi,

first of all thank you very much for this plugin!

I just started using it and noticed that it works also with books without an amazon identifier, but in that case the plugin finds high res covers for the books in all languages, not only the one specified by the asin itself. Is this an intended behaviour?

I tried removing all the identifiers and tried applying one by one and noted that the plugin works also with isbn, goodreads and google identifiers.

Last edited by steakhutzeee; 12-12-2021 at 02:07 PM.
steakhutzeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 04:58 AM   #65
lbschenkel
Enthusiast
lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'
 
Posts: 40
Karma: 127198
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Device: Kobo Aura 1, Kindle DXG, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by steakhutzeee View Post
Hi,

first of all thank you very much for this plugin!

I just started using it and noticed that it works also with books without an amazon identifier, but in that case the plugin finds high res covers for the books in all languages, not only the one specified by the asin itself. Is this an intended behaviour?

I tried removing all the identifiers and tried applying one by one and noted that the plugin works also with isbn, goodreads and google identifiers.
It works like this, in order (stops at first existing identifier):
- if there's an ASIN, then that one is used
- if there's a Goodreads identifier, the existing Kindle editions for that book are used
- if there's a ISBN, then Goodreads is searched by ISBN instead
- otherwise Goodreads is searched by author+title
lbschenkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2021, 05:41 AM   #66
steakhutzeee
Enthusiast
steakhutzeee began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 46
Karma: 10
Join Date: Mar 2020
Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4 (2018)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbschenkel View Post
It works like this, in order (stops at first existing identifier):
- if there's an ASIN, then that one is used
- if there's a Goodreads identifier, the existing Kindle editions for that book are used
- if there's a ISBN, then Goodreads is searched by ISBN instead
- otherwise Goodreads is searched by author+title
Thank you for the clarification!
steakhutzeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 01:21 AM   #67
Timucin
Member
Timucin began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 10
Karma: 10
Join Date: Jan 2020
Device: Amazon Kindle Oasis 3 / Paperwhite 4
Can't see plugin after installing it

[QUOTE=lbschenkel;3530231]While I was searching for sources of book covers I have stumbled upon the following:
https://www.ereader-palace.com/get-h...kindle-ebooks/

hi. I downloaded this and installed it. I can see it among my User Plugins but don't know how to use it and I can not see it on the interface of Calibre.



https://imgur.com/a/oywOIaf

https://imgur.com/Gm33Ppl

Last edited by Timucin; 12-17-2021 at 01:26 AM.
Timucin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 08:20 AM   #68
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
dunhill's Avatar
 
Posts: 721
Karma: 228142
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Argentina
Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
[QUOTE=Timucin;4181653]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbschenkel View Post
While I was searching for sources of book covers I have stumbled upon the following:
https://www.ereader-palace.com/get-h...kindle-ebooks/

hi. I downloaded this and installed it. I can see it among my User Plugins but don't know how to use it and I can not see it on the interface of Calibre.



https://imgur.com/a/oywOIaf

https://imgur.com/Gm33Ppl


This plugin works on metadata and cover downloading.
It is not visible in the toolbar
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	221
Size:	239.3 KB
ID:	190870  
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 09:20 AM   #69
jbusnengo
Member
jbusnengo began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 17
Karma: 10
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Chicago
Device: multiple (Windows laptop/Android phone)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbschenkel View Post
It works like this, in order (stops at first existing identifier):
- if there's an ASIN, then that one is used
- if there's a Goodreads identifier, the existing Kindle editions for that book are used
- if there's a ISBN, then Goodreads is searched by ISBN instead
- otherwise Goodreads is searched by author+title

For books with multiple Kindle editions on Goodreads, how does it choose between them? When I don't provide an ASIN, the covers that come back are often for other language editions. Is it feasible for the plugin to see if there's a Kindle edition whose language matches the one specified in calibre?


Thanks!
jbusnengo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 02:47 PM   #70
Timucin
Member
Timucin began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 10
Karma: 10
Join Date: Jan 2020
Device: Amazon Kindle Oasis 3 / Paperwhite 4
[QUOTE=dunhill;4181716]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timucin View Post



This plugin works on metadata and cover downloading.
It is not visible in the toolbar
Got it. Thank you a lot *.*
Timucin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 05:28 AM   #71
lbschenkel
Enthusiast
lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'
 
Posts: 40
Karma: 127198
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Device: Kobo Aura 1, Kindle DXG, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbusnengo View Post
For books with multiple Kindle editions on Goodreads, how does it choose between them? When I don't provide an ASIN, the covers that come back are often for other language editions. Is it feasible for the plugin to see if there's a Kindle edition whose language matches the one specified in calibre?
When the plug-in resolves to a Goodreads entry (via identifier or ISBN), then *all* Kindle editions are used.

When the plug-in has to search for the book, then the first Goodreads match is used and it proceeds as above.

Regarding only using same language for Kindle editions, that's a nice suggestion. I'll need to look into it. However, I'm on a big holiday break overseas so I don't expect to be able to do much in the next 3 months or so.
lbschenkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 09:46 AM   #72
jbusnengo
Member
jbusnengo began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 17
Karma: 10
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Chicago
Device: multiple (Windows laptop/Android phone)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbschenkel View Post
When the plug-in resolves to a Goodreads entry (via identifier or ISBN), then *all* Kindle editions are used.

When the plug-in has to search for the book, then the first Goodreads match is used and it proceeds as above.

Regarding only using same language for Kindle editions, that's a nice suggestion. I'll need to look into it. However, I'm on a big holiday break overseas so I don't expect to be able to do much in the next 3 months or so.

Excellent! Thanks for considering it, and enjoy your holiday.
jbusnengo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 04:28 AM   #73
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
JSWolf's Avatar
 
Posts: 73,909
Karma: 128597114
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Roslindale, Massachusetts
Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Would someone please update this plugin to work with Calibre 6? Here is the error I get when looking covers. Thanks.

Quote:
****************************** Amazon hi-res covers Covers ******************************
Request extra headers: [('User-agent', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/80.0.3987.87 Safari/537.36')]
Failed to download valid cover
Took 0.0 seconds
Failed to download cover from Amazon hi-res covers
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\ebooks\metadata\sources\covers.py", line 42, in run
File "calibre_plugins.dummy1.__init__", line 31, in download_cover
AttributeError: 'dict' object has no attribute 'iteritems'
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 10:14 AM   #74
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 24,907
Karma: 47303748
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Would someone please update this plugin to work with Calibre 6? Here is the error I get when looking covers. Thanks.
It's working here with no issues. And it has no Qt related code, so it isn't likely to be a problem.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 10:18 AM   #75
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
JSWolf's Avatar
 
Posts: 73,909
Karma: 128597114
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Roslindale, Massachusetts
Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
It's working here with no issues. And it has no Qt related code, so it isn't likely to be a problem.
What would the error be then? Can it be fixed fairly easily?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[Metadata Source Plugin] Amazon.de karlheinzbehr Plugins 1 06-21-2016 10:10 AM
[Metadata Source Plugin] Question: Amazon.com silbaer Calibre 13 12-31-2015 12:12 PM
[Metadata Source Plugin] Amazon.CN fated Plugins 0 11-20-2014 04:59 PM
Amazon Metadata source plugin not working Stormvision Plugins 3 05-03-2013 08:20 AM
[Metadata Source Plugin] Amazon.it nandocuci Plugins 2 05-18-2011 02:36 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:04 PM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.