Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-08-2019, 09:25 AM   #1
Lode
Zealot
Lode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the rough

Device: Onyx Boox M92 White, Max Carta
Onyx Boox Max3: What Word-Processing App?

Hi,
I have a Max Carta with old Kingsoft Office wordprocessor software on it. (Someone on this forum a long time ago kindly recommended it to me.)
It works fine with my Bluetooth keyboard, but the spelling-control sucks.

So I'm wondering what wordprocessing app the Max3 uses. Maybe I can use it on my Max Carta. Anyone here know?
Lode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 10:24 AM   #2
expo1027
expo1027 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3 2015 Wi-Fi (G090-G1)
I apologize if this is a bit of a necropost. I recommend AndrOpen Office and MS Word. I installed at least half a dozen different word processors and these were the only ones that had support for custom fonts (a must for me). They were also two of the few that did not give me a headache.

AndrOpen Office has to be installed directly from the Google Play Store, if you have access to that. It also requires a lot of setup with the GUI but should be fine once you have it to your liking. I recommend getting the $5.99 Professional Pack to get rid of ads, support Dropbox/Google Drive, and support further development.

Word is a nice, clean interface and would have been my go-to if I didn't need custom fonts. I'll be getting Office 365 (about $6.99/month at most) to enable those and get the 1TB of cloud storage.

Both required a little bit of optimization to deal with the slow e-ink refresh rate in a way that isn't distracting to me, and occasionally your settings may get defaulted so I recommend screen-capping them for reference.

As a writer/editor/formatter, I didn't like any other available word processor on Android.

I recommend anyone reading this check out Max3: Tips & Tricks and help grow that thread.
expo1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2020, 04:19 AM   #3
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lode View Post
I have a Max Carta with old Kingsoft Office wordprocessor software on it. (Someone on this forum a long time ago kindly recommended it to me.)
Hi again. Guess it was me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lode View Post
So I'm wondering what wordprocessing app the Max3 uses. Maybe I can use it on my Max Carta. Anyone here know?
I do not think there can be a specific indication for the Max3, especially with respect to the Max2, but the Max Carta has dire limits on processing power and capabilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by expo1027 View Post
I apologize if this is a bit of a necropost
I am positive I will be doing Office Automation again today.

Quote:
I recommend AndrOpen Office and MS Word. I installed at least half a dozen different word processors and these were the only ones that had support for custom fonts (a must for me)
Kingsoft does support custom fonts.

Quote:
AndrOpen Office has to be installed directly from the Google Play Store
Why is that?

Quote:
As a writer/editor/formatter, I didn't like any other available word processor on Android
I need [Ctrl]+[Arrows] when I work, quick jump by word. The need is still unfulfilled.
I posted tests at thread:

Office Automation - Text editing / Word processing
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=296734

Which should be updated, as software emerges and software evolves. But I had little time. The tests are still to be done.

By the way: AndrOpen Office did not work properly on the Max2 on my test two years ago (pixel flashing). Maybe it is the new AndrOpen Office version, maybe the Onyx firmware fixed it.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote