Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 03-28-2015, 05:50 PM   #106
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Thanks folks. Thanks David.

I've never tried making a kepub, because I thought it needed special coding. I guess not (for the most part, anyway).
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 01:25 PM   #107
MizSuz
Connoisseur
MizSuz began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Touch, Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Aura, Android w/CoolReader
Am I the last person on the planet to realize that ADE doesn't honor first line selectors? I can't even get it to honor a font choice for a dropcap.

I'm on Win7, I was using ADE 1.7 and did the update to 4.5 but alas, no love with either version. My kobo aura doesn't honor them, either. It looks lovely on the kindle fire, though.
MizSuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2018, 01:34 PM   #108
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizSuz View Post
I'm on Win7, I was using ADE 1.7 and did the update to 4.5 but alas, no love with either version.
ADE 4.5.x supports pseudo-selectors in epub3 books.

You can convert epub2 books to epub3 books with Calibre (Polish books > Upgrade book intenals) or with Sigil and the optional epub3 output plugin.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 02:15 PM   #109
MizSuz
Connoisseur
MizSuz began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Touch, Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Aura, Android w/CoolReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
ADE 4.5.x supports pseudo-selectors in epub3 books.

You can convert epub2 books to epub3 books with Calibre (Polish books > Upgrade book intenals) or with Sigil and the optional epub3 output plugin.
Good to know. It was to be my next thing to try. Thanks!
MizSuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 02:44 PM   #110
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizSuz View Post
My kobo aura doesn't honor them, either.
Your Kobo should honour :first-line and :first-letter pseudo-selectors if you transfer your books as kepubs rather than standard epubs. calibre can help you do that. Kepubs have better support for some epub3 features (don't ask me for a full list of which ones ). It shouldn't matter whether the source epub in your calibre library is epub2 or epub3.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2022, 12:34 PM   #111
Martinoptic
Bibliolater
Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I know this is an old thread - mod please move if appropriate.
ADE 4.5 will not open an epub I've modified the .opf file of in order to let ipados 16 books show embedded fonts in body text. Calibre epub reader and Thorium both open the file as does books.
I attach a scrambled version.
Can anyone help or is it a buggy ADE again?
Attached Files
File Type: epub Famous Five Complete Series - Blyton, Enid_scrambled.epub (4.26 MB, 125 views)
Martinoptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 01:39 PM   #112
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinoptic View Post
I know this is an old thread - mod please move if appropriate.
ADE 4.5 will not open an epub I've modified the .opf file of in order to let ipados 16 books show embedded fonts in body text. Calibre epub reader and Thorium both open the file as does books.
I attach a scrambled version.
Can anyone help or is it a buggy ADE again?
It opens in ADE 2.0.1. Does the scrambled version open in ADE 4.5?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 03:02 PM   #113
Martinoptic
Bibliolater
Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Hi Jon.
Thanks for the quick response.
I have rebooted windows and guess what? They both (scrambled and original) now open properly in ADE 4.5.
Honestly I ought to post in the vent and rant thread!
Martinoptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 05:01 PM   #114
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinoptic View Post
Hi Jon.
Thanks for the quick response.
I have rebooted windows and guess what? They both (scrambled and original) now open properly in ADE 4.5.
Honestly I ought to post in the vent and rant thread!
Glad it's working.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote