Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-27-2019, 05:20 PM   #1
ilyasson
ilyasson began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (7th Gen.)
Letters are washing out in every page turn on new PW4

As the title says... I got a brand new PW4 and realized that on every page turn the letters become more washed out till the auto page refresh (sometimes in every 5, sometimes in every 10 pages). I have a PW3 and NEVER seen such a ridiculous thing. I know that I can set page refresh in every page but why do I have to?

Is there anybody experience this?
ilyasson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 05:24 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyasson View Post
As the title says... I got a brand new PW4 and realized that on every page turn the letters become more washed out till the auto page refresh (sometimes in every 5, sometimes in every 10 pages). I have a PW3 and NEVER seen such a ridiculous thing. I know that I can set page refresh in every page but why do I have to?

Is there anybody experience this?
Yes, with every reader I've used. All my readers are set to refresh every page.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2019, 05:53 PM   #3
ilyasson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Yes, with every reader I've used. All my readers are set to refresh every page.
I understand, I also have an Inkpad 3 and it does it too but why PW3 is not doing that shit? Is it about "my" PW3 or all of them?

I wish it had not had so uneven lighting so that I did not have to buy a PW4
Old 11-27-2019, 08:02 PM   #4
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
I don't have a PW4. I have the original PW, Oasis1 and 2, Voyage, basic buttons, Keyboard and the K1. The only one that has some sort of washing out as you call it, or double thingies is the K1.
All my newer kindles have it set to however many pages before refresh and I have no difference in fonts or anything like that. In my experience its not normal.

Is there anyway to try another PW4? Or is it outside the return window already.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 08:43 PM   #5
ilyasson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
Is there anyway to try another PW4? Or is it outside the return window already.
I bought it from a tech market in Paris yesterday. Amazon says its not their responsibility and the merchandise says they can not accept return since I had open the package. A complete predicament! :/
Advert
Old 11-27-2019, 10:54 PM   #6
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
When the PW4 first came out, there was talk on mobileread about the washed-out text, but Amazon may have fixed that.

Did you buy this new or secondhand? If it was new, then you are within your rights to return it to the merchant under the Sale of Goods Act. However, this may not apply in your country, although I think most EU countries have a similar law.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 10:09 AM   #7
ilyasson

Here is the photo of the issue... Can you tell whether it's normal?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191128_151846_50.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	175194  
Old 11-29-2019, 01:15 AM   #8
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
That looks normal to me. I turned on my bold for PW4 because I find the text too light for comfort compared to the PW3 I was used to. Did you try changing the font to see if that helps some?
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote