Notices

Old 01-06-2017, 08:17 AM   #121
stoduk
stoduk began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kindle Paperwhite V2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarazeen View Post
Hi!

I realize I'm very new to the scene, but I really need some help. I've installed your excellent plugin, but for some reason, when I click Send File To Device, Calibre just shows me "Job: "Sending Files to Device" failed with error:".

Any tips for me? Thank you
The log might have more details - for me (OS X/Mac) I click "Jobs" at the bottom right of the screen, select the job in question, then click "show job details".

HTH,
Anthony
stoduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 07:30 PM   #122
jonnypickles
jonnypickles began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Hi! Great plugin, for the most part. However, in most of my books, I am receiving a message under 'People' & 'Terms' that says - "Sorry, an error has occurred'. However, 'Notable Clips' seem to be showing up in all of them. Any ideas? Thanks!

EDIT: I just read the bold text at the beginning of your first post. I see the issue now. Sorry!

Last edited by jonnypickles; 01-07-2017 at 07:38 PM. Reason: I was wrong.
jonnypickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2017, 10:58 AM   #123
szarroug3
Zealot
szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnypickles View Post
Hi! Great plugin, for the most part. However, in most of my books, I am receiving a message under 'People' & 'Terms' that says - "Sorry, an error has occurred'. However, 'Notable Clips' seem to be showing up in all of them. Any ideas? Thanks!

EDIT: I just read the bold text at the beginning of your first post. I see the issue now. Sorry!
No problem, I'm glad you like it! The reason for the error is because the book you chose seems to not have any 'People' or 'Terms'. (I'm not sure why the Kindle can't handle those being empty.) Sometimes the plugin just doesn't pick the best Goodreads page for the book so you might wanna look to make sure you do have the best page for the book.

Other times, Goodreads just doesn't have information for it. A Christmas Carol doesn't have any 'Settings' so the 'Terms' section of x-ray will show that error. It does have 'Characters' so the 'People' section will show the people from the link.
szarroug3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 05:50 PM   #124
Aech
Aech began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Hi everyone! I've been looking for a plugin like this for awhile, but I'm having a little problem here. Whenever I try to send the x-ray files to my kindle, they don't go.
In the job description, it says that no device is connected, but calibre shows that my kindle is connected fine.
Is there a way I can manually transfer the files or something?
Aech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 03:40 AM   #125
szarroug3
Zealot
szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Hm, that's strange.. What kind of device are you using? You should be able to copy the files through windows explorer. You can right click the book and select open containing folder to easily get to the book's files. They will be in subdirectories depending on which file you created.
Advert
Old 01-29-2017, 01:23 PM   #126
Aech
Aech began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
I'm using a kindle fire. I can get to the x-ray files easily on my computer, but I don't know where to place it in my kindle folders for them to work. I tried placing them in my books folder where I keep all my books, but when I open up the books, there's no x-ray files or anything different.
Aech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 10:19 AM   #127
szarroug3
Zealot

The book has to have the same ASIN as the value in the x-ray filename. You can use mobi metadata editor to change the book's ASIN.
Old 02-04-2017, 10:12 AM   #128
Philantrop
Addict
Philantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindles (e-ink)
Version 3.0.3 throws this error for every book for me:

Code:
Starting job: Creating Files 

02-04-2017 16:10:50 Initializing... 
02-04-2017 16:10:50 A Little Life - Hanya Yanagihara 
02-04-2017 16:10:50    Parsing Goodreads data... 
Job: "Creating Files" failed with error: 
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/threaded_jobs.py", line 84, in start_work
  File "calibre_plugins.xray_creator.lib.xray_creator", line 284, in create_files_event
  File "calibre_plugins.xray_creator.lib.book", line 210, in create_files_event
  File "calibre_plugins.xray_creator.lib.book", line 371, in _parse_goodreads_data
  File "calibre_plugins.xray_creator.lib.goodreads_parser", line 58, in parse
  File "calibre_plugins.xray_creator.lib.goodreads_parser", line 93, in _get_non_xray
  File "calibre_plugins.xray_creator.lib.goodreads_parser", line 525, in _get_book_image_url
IndexError: list index out of range

Called with args: (,) {u'notifications': , u'log': , u'abort': }
Philantrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 07:22 PM   #129
szarroug3
Zealot

Released 3.0.4 that fixes Philantrop's issue. Goodreads changed some stuff that broke our parsing code.
Old 02-09-2017, 09:19 AM   #130
Philantrop
Addict
Philantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindles (e-ink)
Quote:
Originally Posted by szarroug3 View Post
Released 3.0.4 that fixes Philantrop's issue. Goodreads changed some stuff that broke our parsing code.
Great, thanks, that fixed my issue, indeed.

One suggestion: I worked around the issue by simply putting the image-fetching stuff into a try/exception block as that's not vital information for X-Ray.

Maybe that would generally be a good idea for non-critical issues? You could still issue a user-visible warning in order to catch breakages but it wouldn't render the entire plugin useless.
Philantrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 08:31 AM   #131
Bloksma
Bloksma began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW 2
Lightbulb Feature request

Hi szarroug3

Thanks for the plugin, great work!
I would like to suggest a new feature. I read a lot of books in hungarian, thus goodreads doesn't give me all the information I need It would be great if there would be an option, where I could load the necessary information from a file (xml, json, etc.) instead of goodreads.

Best Regards,
Bloksma

Last edited by Bloksma; 02-13-2017 at 08:35 AM.
Bloksma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 03:31 PM   #132
ashton
ashton began at the beginning.

Device: Nvidia Shield Tablet
Any way to make it work with kindle app on android ?
ashton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 08:15 AM   #133
stoduk
stoduk began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kindle Paperwhite V2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloksma View Post
Hi szarroug3

Thanks for the plugin, great work!
I would like to suggest a new feature. I read a lot of books in hungarian, thus goodreads doesn't give me all the information I need It would be great if there would be an option, where I could load the necessary information from a file (xml, json, etc.) instead of goodreads.

Best Regards,
Bloksma
OOI - where would these meta-data files come from? What format are they in? What information do they contain? Would there ever be gaps in the data?
stoduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 03:26 AM   #134
Bloksma
Bloksma began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW 2
I would edit these files manually, the format could be anything. What I need is the ability to input the data manually instead of grabbing it from Goodreads.
Bloksma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 10:16 AM   #135
szarroug3
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashton View Post
Any way to make it work with kindle app on android ?
Ashton, I've looked into it after another user asked the same question on GitHub. So far, I haven't been able to figure out how to get it working with mobile devices. Feel free to follow the GitHub issue to keep up with the progress although, at the moment, we're kind of stalled on that front.

Tags
x-ray