Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-19-2017, 09:01 AM   #2626
tsagi73
tsagi73 began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
Hi,
I would like to jailbrake my PW2 (5.8.10) reader to manage my collections on my device.
Is this FW supported ? Thanks in advance!
tsagi73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 09:19 AM   #2627
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsagi73 View Post
Hi,
I would like to jailbrake my PW2 (5.8.10) reader to manage my collections on my device.
Read the title again please.
Is version 5.8.10 greater than version 5.0 and less than or equal to version 5.4.4.2?
OR
is 8 >= 0 AND 8 <= 4 ?
(Yes No)
There you go - mystery solved.

= = = =

The '.' (period) characters in a version number separate fields, they are not decimal points in a real (floating point) number.
You compare the numbers (or letters) in-between the '.' characters individually.

Last edited by knc1; 08-19-2017 at 01:07 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2017, 12:41 PM   #2628
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Hi,
There is one way: Have it arrested, then go break it out of jail.
*Though if you do this and get caught, you will need someone to bail you out and we don't provide that service here.
Otherwise no.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 08:43 PM   #2629
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Hi,
I would like to jailbreak my PW2 (5.8.10) reader to manage my collections on my device.
Only via serial port. This requires opening the device, the appropriate hardware and careful work to avoid damage to the delicate connections on the board. See the thread on serial jailbreak if you believe this is within your capabilities.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 12:06 PM   #2630
tsagi73

Ok I understand it :-) but it would have enough yes or no :-)
In this case, downgrade the firmware to 5.4.42? Is it posible? Thanks.
Advert
Old 08-21-2017, 12:16 PM   #2631
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
In this case, downgrade the firmware to 5.4.42? Is it posible? Thanks.
The answer is No. Until we get new people willing to sacrifice their kindles and time for the cause, the answer will remain no.
At this point, if you turn on the wifi on a new kindle then the answer is more than likely no, you cannot jailbreak it.

No, you cannot downgrade the firmware from 5.8.10.

Just in case you missed the answer:
No, you cannot software jailbreak your kindle.

Please stay tuned for farther developments.

Last edited by Cinisajoy; 08-21-2017 at 12:22 PM.
Old 08-21-2017, 12:40 PM   #2632
tsagi73

Thanks that's clear :-)
Old 08-21-2017, 12:59 PM   #2633
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
- - - -
Not really, think it through . . .

There have been hundreds of thousands of people using our jail breaks, not just you.
There are millions of Kindle users who might want to jail break their Kindle, not just you.

You are a member now.
Do you want to spend your day sitting here, posting "yes" or "no" to the same question? Thousands, potentially millions of times?

Or would you rather people read the directions already posted?
Even if that means you might have to read them yourself.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 03:11 PM   #2634
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Not really, think it through . . .

There have been hundreds of thousands of people using our jail breaks, not just you.
There are millions of Kindle users who might want to jail break their Kindle, not just you.

You are a member now.
Do you want to spend your day sitting here, posting "yes" or "no" to the same question? Thousands, potentially millions of times?

Or would you rather people read the directions already posted?
Even if that means you might have to read them yourself.
Just in the past 6 hours, I think the can I jailbreak 5.8.10 has been asked at least 12 times and answered that many times. It is becoming a lesson in how many ways are there to say no.
Oh and the no in the first post isn't even in a spoiler.
Old 08-21-2017, 03:28 PM   #2635
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Just in the past 6 hours, I think the can I jailbreak 5.8.10 has been asked at least 12 times and answered that many times. It is becoming a lesson in how many ways are there to say no.
Oh and the no in the first post isn't even in a spoiler.
It must be the eclipse making people crazy :-)
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 03:42 PM   #2636
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coplate View Post
It must be the eclipse making people crazy :-)
What eclipse?
The sun has been behind one lone cloud all day.
Old 08-21-2017, 03:45 PM   #2637
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
What eclipse?
The sun has been behind one lone cloud all day.
Clouds around here in Maryland too, but the sun was showing near peak and I was able to pinhole view it. We had a bit over 80% occlusion here. Quite a sight.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 01:46 AM   #2638
qqqqqqqqqqqz
qqqqqqqqqqqz can self-interpret dreams as they happen.qqqqqqqqqqqz can self-interpret dreams as they happen.qqqqqqqqqqqz can self-interpret dreams as they happen.qqqqqqqqqqqz can self-interpret dreams as they happen.qqqqqqqqqqqz can self-interpret dreams as they happen.qqqqqqqqqqqz can self-interpret dreams as they happen.qqqqqqqqqqqz can self-interpret dreams as they happen.qqqqqqqqqqqz can self-interpret dreams as they happen.qqqqqqqqqqqz can self-interpret dreams as they happen.qqqqqqqqqqqz can self-interpret dreams as they happen.qqqqqqqqqqqz can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Cool Upgraded to 5.8.10, hotfix doesn't work

I recently upgraded to 5.8.10 after having already jailbroken.
My screensavers aren't working—they're behaving as though the "last screen" option is selected no matter what.

Anyway, to try and fix this I tried to put the hotfix on my Kindle and it said "an invalid update file has been loaded on your device".

I'm screwed right?

EDIT: Never mind. I just had to uninstall and reinstall linkss. Now it works.

Last edited by qqqqqqqqqqqz; 08-28-2017 at 02:04 AM.
qqqqqqqqqqqz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 01:40 AM   #2639
doctoralvarez
Connoisseur
doctoralvarez began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by qqqqqqqqqqqz View Post
I recently upgraded to 5.8.10 after having already jailbroken.
My screensavers aren't working—they're behaving as though the "last screen" option is selected no matter what.

Anyway, to try and fix this I tried to put the hotfix on my Kindle and it said "an invalid update file has been loaded on your device".

I'm screwed right?

EDIT: Never mind. I just had to uninstall and reinstall linkss. Now it works.
Everytime you update firmware you need to reinstall with Kual helper+ and MRPI the linkss python usbnet etc packages putting them in the mrpackages folder and voila you are ready to continue, a personal advice create a folder with those packages installers and only copy them to mrpackages folder, everything can be made using a file explorer inside an app called vlavsoft.azw2 in your own kindle without the need to connect it to your computer/Pc/mac/etc
doctoralvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 09:31 PM   #2640
hannaraygun
hannaraygun began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 4 Gen
Unhappy Greyed Out Button

I apologize if this has been covered here before but I searched quite a lot and could not find it.

I tried to jailbreak my Kindle Touch 4 Gen 2011 last night and I missed an step so I had to start over. The first & second times the 'Update Your Kindle' button worked fine but on the third try, it went gray.

Now I went though the steps listed in the FAQ section and removed any .bin file. It didn't work. So after checking about a dozen times, I decided to just reset my Kindle. That hasn't worked either, it's still grey.

I'm not sure what it could be doing now because I know there isn't anything extra in the root. Maybe this jailbreak isn't compatible with my Kindle but I thought it would be running 5.3.7.

If anyone has some insights, I would appreciate them greatly.
hannaraygun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5.1.0, 5.2.0, jailbreak, kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, touch