Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-21-2012, 09:32 PM   #1
jasn
jasn began at the beginning.

Device: Pixel Tablet
[Solved] Calibre 0.8.36 - Linux Compile Error - No module named dateutil.parser

Hello,

I'm running Calibre on my Gentoo X86_64 laptop, (kernel 3.2.1, python 2.7 and 3.2, gcc 4.6.2, gnome 3.2.1), and it's been compiling, installing, and running fine until version 0.8.36. The entire Gentoo build log is here, but I think this is the relevant part;
Code:
* Running gui

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 99, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File "setup.py", line 85, in main
    command.run_all(opts)
  File "/tmp/portage/app-text/calibre-0.8.36/work/calibre/setup/__init__.py", line 163, in run_all
    self.run_cmd(self, opts)
  File "/tmp/portage/app-text/calibre-0.8.36/work/calibre/setup/__init__.py", line 156, in run_cmd
    self.run_cmd(scmd, opts)
  File "/tmp/portage/app-text/calibre-0.8.36/work/calibre/setup/__init__.py", line 159, in run_cmd
    cmd.run(opts)
  File "/tmp/portage/app-text/calibre-0.8.36/work/calibre/setup/gui.py", line 37, in run
    self.build_forms()
  File "/tmp/portage/app-text/calibre-0.8.36/work/calibre/setup/gui.py", line 60, in build_forms
    from calibre.gui2 import build_forms
  File "/tmp/portage/app-text/calibre-0.8.36/work/calibre/src/calibre/gui2/__init__.py", line 19, in <module>
    from calibre.utils.date import UNDEFINED_DATE
  File "/tmp/portage/app-text/calibre-0.8.36/work/calibre/src/calibre/utils/date.py", line 13, in <module>
    from dateutil.parser import parse
ImportError: No module named dateutil.parser
 * ERROR: app-text/calibre-0.8.36 failed (install phase):
 *   Installation failed
I've tried rebuilding all of my python modules, as well as all of the Calibre dependencies, but I still hit this error. (BTW, python-dateutil version 2.0 is installed).

Thanks..

Last edited by jasn; 01-21-2012 at 11:37 PM.
jasn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:39 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You appear to have a broken python-dateutil installation.

from dateutil.parser import parse

should not be failing.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2012, 11:36 PM   #3
jasn
jasn began at the beginning.

Device: Pixel Tablet
[facepalm]

Sorry Kovid,

I searched the Gentoo Bugzilla, (and Forums, although that's more hit or miss), to see if anyone logged this issue, but I was searching for calibre. When I went back and searched for python-dateutil, this bug was found.

Apparently upgrading python-dateutil to 2.0, (from 1.5), slotted it for the python 3.2 I have installed. Downgrading to 1.5 fixed the problem.

Thanks again..
jasn is offline   Reply With Quote