Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-13-2018, 01:22 PM   #1
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Kobo H2O light issue

I'm having an issue with my H2O (H2O original) where when I open my sleep/wake cover the light starts off at low level (seems completely off) and then adjusts to the level I last left it at. This compared to the usual behavior of always remaining at the level I was using it at. Seems to have started close to the time I updated to the latest firmware. Anyone else experience this?

Not a big deal, but I'm wondering if it's a firmware issue or a sudden glitch in my Kobo and thus possibly a sign of problems to come. I tried restarting, but the issue remains.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 02:33 PM   #2
k9reeder
Groupie
k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Galaxy Tab S2, PW3(7th) Kobo H2O (1st), Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
I'm having an issue with my H2O (H2O original) where when I open my sleep/wake cover the light starts off at low level (seems completely off) and then adjusts to the level I last left it at. This compared to the usual behavior of always remaining at the level I was using it at. Seems to have started close to the time I updated to the latest firmware. Anyone else experience this?

Not a big deal, but I'm wondering if it's a firmware issue or a sudden glitch in my Kobo and thus possibly a sign of problems to come. I tried restarting, but the issue remains.
I've had the same experience. My H2O is fully updated. I'm not sure which version might have been responsible, but yes, I noticed this same change in behavior. The light acts a little flakey in other ways too, at times. I should add that I use the Kobo case to wake and sleep the device.
k9reeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 03:25 PM   #3
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9reeder View Post
I've had the same experience. My H2O is fully updated. I'm not sure which version might have been responsible, but yes, I noticed this same change in behavior. The light acts a little flakey in other ways too, at times. I should add that I use the Kobo case to wake and sleep the device.
Thank you for your reply. I am using the official Kobo case too. Sounds like a firmware issue then which is good to know at least.
Old 04-13-2018, 07:12 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Which H2O? Latest firmware and my original H2O does not have such an issue.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 09:03 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
@sparklemotion: That isn't a bug. It is a change Kobo put into the firmware some time ago. The I don't remember exactly when it changed, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was in the late 3.x versions. It is so the light doesn't come on at 100% in your eyes if you open the cover in the dark. The gradual progression is much more comfortable. For me, this isn't usually very noticeable as the light-level is usually below 10%.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 04:42 AM   #6
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Which H2O? Latest firmware and my original H2O does not have such an issue.
I also have the latest firmware and an original H2O.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
@sparklemotion: That isn't a bug. It is a change Kobo put into the firmware some time ago. The I don't remember exactly when it changed, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was in the late 3.x versions. It is so the light doesn't come on at 100% in your eyes if you open the cover in the dark. The gradual progression is much more comfortable. For me, this isn't usually very noticeable as the light-level is usually below 10%.
Thank you so much. Good to know this is normal behavior. It certainly doesn't bother me, I was just concerned my Kobo possibly had an issue as it's never happened before. I should add, I don't generally keep on top of the firmware updates, so I missed a few before updating to the current one.