Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 05-15-2015, 08:32 AM   #16
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyWithNook View Post
What kind of Kindle do you have? A Kindle Fire? That's a much cheaper tablet and I often use mine for reading.
i read a lot on my Kindle fire - excellent device but I'd not class them as cheap - not the larger HDX ones anyway. I suppose it depends what you are comparing to ?

I also browse a lot.:a side loaded copy of firefox supports the adblock plus plug-in which makes for a much nicer experience. Silk browser,is not bad - it's reading mode is very good - but it will not block ads.

and, off topic, the KF also good for remote control of music playing on my PC - be that in foobar2000 or in spotify. I can couch-control from KF via cheap/free apps, with little disruption to reading activity.

also plex - I'd aquired that app that via amazon's free app of the day offer a while back, and after getting into it for our new fire TV stick, I rediscovered the tablet app. So after setting up a plex media server on PC, I have tablet access to all my stored movies/ tv series videos so long as my PC is on, which works pretty well.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 07:56 AM   #17
NickyWithNook
Guru
NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite (Don't use Nook anymore)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
i read a lot on my Kindle fire - excellent device but I'd not class them as cheap - not the larger HDX ones anyway. I suppose it depends what you are comparing to ?
People were suggesting the Ipad Mini, which is much more expensive, and the smaller Kindle Fire would be more comprable size-wise. I have an ipad and I love it, but it's pricey.
NickyWithNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 09:25 AM   #18
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
The Fire HD 6 has a beautiful screen for reading, and I browse the web on it all the time. It's a great all purpose device, though I am sure not in the same class as the ipad mini with regard to speed.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 11:29 AM   #19
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
Well I started reading with an old e-ink reader, then moved to a kindle kbrd, then to the first gen kindle fire, then on to a Nexus 7 2013, and now I have gotten an Kindle PW2. I did not like the Kindle fire at all an gave it to my stepson and believe it or not he liked it. I loved my Kindle Kbrd and used it until it died. I love my Nexus but it is very hard on my eyes for reading long hours, and the battery just does not last much more than 10 hrs. I am now reading only on my PW2 and I love it. Also I do not have near the eye strain I was having with the Nexus.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reader, tablet, web browser