Notices

Old 05-02-2017, 04:54 AM   #1
Fakex
Fakex began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Collection Manager and Librarian Sync won't work on PW2

Hi there,

I have a PW2 with FW 5.6.5 and JB.
To manage my collections I tried to use the Collections Manager and Librarian Sync but I failed.
So this is what I did:
Transfered books to Kindle with Calibre.
Used the collections-plugin in Calibre: set column "series" and as model "Paperwhite 2" in the preferences. Then I run the manager.

On the Kindle I tried to launch the Collections-Manager and choose "Import Collections from Calibre" - the device freezes and nothing happens.

The same with Librarian Sync: When I choose "Update Collections" in the KUAL-Menu, the device tells me "Updaing collections (from calibre)...but also nothing happens.

When I return to the home-screen no collections are created (even when restarting the kindle).

So...where am I wrong?? Any hints?
Thanx in advance.

Last edited by Fakex; 05-02-2017 at 10:51 AM.
Fakex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 07:48 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Your device must be jailbroken.
You must also install Python.
This is the wrong forum, ask in the Kindle Dev. forum.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2017, 08:14 AM   #3
Fakex
Fakex began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Thanks for your answer.
The device is jailbroken, as I mentioned.
I have KUAL and KOR installed.
Is Python still necessary?

Sorry for posting it in the wrong forum - maybe the mods can move this.
Fakex is offline   Reply With Quote